Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Rant
mistergrumpy

posted on 18/5/09 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA Rant

God alight!! What a bunch of know nothings. I've still not got my car registered after it passed on the 21st of last month! I'm bursting here Just got off the phone to them, on the number that they won't give out to anyone but remarkably enough I guessed!
-Oh yes mistergrumpyarse I have your paperwork here but there's some things missing
-Oh that'll be the cheque for the registration which I forgot to include but which should have arrived today or tomorrow
-No, let's look. You've not included any donor receipts
-Yes, I haven't got any
-Oh you'll be getting a Q plate then
-Aye
-Well you haven't included an MOT then
-What MOT? I just said I don't have any donor parts
-No, for your Q plate
-What are you talking about? I don't need an MOT for 3 years as I've just had SVA which is a glorified MOT
-No, you need an MOT to register a Q plate
-No, as I just said, you don't. Please, ring your bosses this isn't right
-I'll ring you back
-Ah, mistergrumpyarse getting increasingly more grumpy by the minute. Its the DVLA here. You don't actually need an MOT for 3 years (!) and it's actually called an IVA test now
-Yes that's what its called now
-Well, its irrelevant, just so you know
-I DO know
-Right I'll organise an inspection so you can come and I'll inspect it and please bring your receipts
-Wait..I've already told you I've no receipts
-Well bring what your can otherwise it looks a bit...you know
-No, I don't know
-Well, anyway. I'll get back to you.

I just can't comprehend who put these chumps in this job. I wouldn't ask someone to wire a house who knew nowt about electric or to lay a road who knew nowt of tarmac so who let these people do these jobs. It's completely alien to me. Honestly I'm sitting here with a dizzy head I'm that annoyed at these people. I must've trodden on Gods bunion in a past life or summat

zoom

posted on 18/5/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Join the club mate, I'm waiting on the dlva in borehamwood and it seems i'm dealing with some one who works for the dvla in south africa or america or russia or someware else but not the uk.

You have started me off now..............

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 18/5/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Just wait until they move it all to Jaipur - then you'll moan!!!

S

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/5/09 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Jaipur!! Don't start. It'll be like trying to deal with Virgin media. What with their accents and mine it sounds like a phone call to a fax machine! I generally just press the button saying I want to terminate my contract with them and get an English person straight away. You can't do that with DVLA. They're plums whoever you deal with.

richardh

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
probably a load of gypos or eu jobseekers or some such sh1t3.

bl00dy idiots most of them

Time for a change!

zoom

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Worst thing is I can see DVLA borehamwood from my office window, and all I can think about is the 'Q' plate sitting in a computer in there and my car at home waiting for it to arrive like star crossed lovers, will they ever meet?

Told you, you have set me off

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
They've just rang me back with an inspection date. He said just let me check you've sent enough money for the tax. I told him it should be right as I rang Swansea to check and he told me they give duff info out sometime! You're telling me! Right, says he so your engine is 1597cc...
Oh for God's sake, it's a 900!!
Where's Beadle, its got to be a wind up this!

BenB

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ye gods. Borehamwood DVLA are the biggest load of idiots. Most times when I go out on a blat I end up heading past them and even two years later I shudder at their incomptency whenever I drive past....

quote:
Originally posted by zoom
Worst thing is I can see DVLA borehamwood from my office window, and all I can think about is the 'Q' plate sitting in a computer in there and my car at home waiting for it to arrive like star crossed lovers, will they ever meet?

Told you, you have set me off

flak monkey

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the joys of getting your car registered!

Most of them seem to be muppets and know nothing about registering kit cars. Its a nightmare!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Vindi_andy

posted on 18/5/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Nottingham were good but had to wait two weeks for an appointment as busy. Waited 3 weeks exactly to get my papers - not too bad. However they did mess up and give me an 09 plate instead of a K plate !! There loss
welderman

posted on 18/5/09 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
which dvla are you trying to get it done by, i went to Manchester, Preston were crap on the phone!.
Also road tax went up a fiver !, i found that out when they rang me to go back into the office and pay the extra fiver, good thing was, they gave me my 09 reg number there and then.
Keep on trying mate.
GOOD LUCK

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

mad_dogpompey

posted on 18/5/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
ok as my rants are normally unrelated! excuse this one! its still to do with the dvla! sent my driving licence of for an address change new one turned up, i went from having a1 b1 c+e d1 and what ever tracked vehicles is to b1. phones them up had a moan they said their system showed me having no record of this! told them they were mistaken hung up! bit of google and found i wasn t the only person in the same boat! phone them up and had a major major kick of!!! they told me to calm down and would give me those licence classes if i could prove i had them! write now they ve admitted its kind of their problem. i said what proof do you want?! they said strong proof! i swore and they hung up! anyways found my old licence! one i d lost ordered a new one and found it again years ago it had most of the ones on there! together with my has chem cert which they ll only give you if you have a hgv! went to the dvla office and kicked of the woman there said this had happened alot before! said stuff it went and got a solicitor. he wrote them a seriously nasty letter saying if they didn t give me the licence with those catorgories and an appology i d file in the county court in 14 days. low and behold 6 days later a nice shiny licence turned up with all the catorgories on it! what a bunch of dick headS!!!!!! but be carefull when you send your licence of now!!!
mistergrumpy

posted on 18/5/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
It's Manchester I'm dealing with. I've tried to steer clear of swearing at them as unfortunately I'm 100% reliant on them. It started when the number I had for the inspection fella wouldn't work and I wanted to verify a few things with him. I tried Swansea who didn't know what I was talking about and wouldn't give me the number so I decided to drive there. The address it gives is a 5 mile road of busy city centre traffic near Man Utd's ground with no specific junction or anything so I promptly couldn't find it and came home. I figured they'd be on a phone network so I changed the last digit a few times and got the first floor who wouldn't give me the correct number either. I could walk in and speak to the fella or not at all! Eventually I got there though. I find out he only works 3 days, 1 of which is at the VOSA centre but the woman answering said she would leave an E mail to ring me. Great. Finds out week later she only left 01942.... that's only the area code, nowt else so try again and nowt until I finally after 2 1/2 weeks and he answered and knew nowt of the E mail but bluntly told me to just follow what he'd written to me in October last year which oddly enough as I wantd to check in the first place isn't right. Bleeding joke! I haven't finished yet, I'll be writing an effing long letter to these clowns when I'm finally registered!!!!

blakep82

posted on 18/5/09 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
lol dvla on watchdog on bbc1 now. they admitted they're not very good

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

welderman

posted on 19/5/09 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
u2u'd the direct number mate.

Joe:

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.