Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NEED ADVICE QUICK - DAMAGED REAR WHEEL ARCH - STUART TAYLOR
FirebladeST

posted on 26/5/09 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
NEED ADVICE QUICK - DAMAGED REAR WHEEL ARCH - STUART TAYLOR

At the weekend a young lass reversed into my parked stuart taylor and cracked all the rear offside wheel arch. She did the right thing and came in the shop and told me. large chunks of the wheel arch have cracked off and its all cracked, it has all cracked where the fixings held it to the frame.

I took her insurance details but id prefere to get settle it with cash rather than insurance company because even with non fault i still think they put your premiums up and i cant afford that. I think she'd be up for that too as she was only young.

So....

1. Does stuart taylor (or Ian - can only find an f1-67 site now and no mention of a "stuart taylor"?!?) still supply parts? And do they come in a colour you specify or do you have to get them sprayed? I have tried ringing him but by the ringtone it sounds like he is abroad.

2. How much would this cost? It is in the light lime green colour?

3. Can anyone foresee any problems with this?

nib1980

posted on 26/5/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Stuart taylor were taken over by Aries Motorsport, a quick google and a phone call and I think you will have your answer

http://www.ariesmotorsport.co.uk/

[Edited on 26/5/09 by nib1980]

JoelP

posted on 26/5/09 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
got to applaud her honesty there, so many people would've nashed and tried to blag it if caught.

Might be easier to buy a pair of rear arches in a contrasting colour, to avoid the difficulty in getting a good match.

Id be tempted to let her off but im too nice sometimes

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

nib1980

posted on 26/5/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

Id be tempted to let her off but im too nice sometimes

me too, but i'd want a phone number and a photo!

FirebladeST

posted on 26/5/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the unbelievably speedy and help replies! I usually dispair at people who have such a lack of a basic understanding of google! But try as i might i never seemed to be able to track that site down!!!!

Ive tried ringing but now answer, will ring tomorrow. May consider a different colour, especially as the car is 8 years old and will have faded a bit.

With regards to the girl - she was actually quite good looking! but i couldnt let her off! My other car has been keyed and shunted that many times when nobody has admitted to it that its good to finaly get some money towards the repair!

Maybe that'd be a reason to actually let her off......lightly.

frodo_monkey

posted on 26/5/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
You have u2u mate! I second the above, get a matching pair

And don't charge her the earth, you don't find too many honest people like that

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

hellbent345

posted on 26/5/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
charge her a phone number and yeh, if you charge her the earth she won't be inclined to tell anyone in future if she was to do it again

02GF74

posted on 29/5/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
somewhat sexist, isnlt it? if it was a spotty chavboy, you would be behaving differently.

After having my car scratched and another dented in a car park, I for sure would treat everyone equal and not according to their sex/looks so not let anyone off.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.