Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kodak Printers - Any Good?
John P

posted on 1/6/09 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Kodak Printers - Any Good?

I'm fed up with the cost of running my Lexmark All In One printer and have spent more on cartridges over the last month than the printer cost.

Kodak are promoting their range on the basis that they are significantly less expensive to run but I notice they use a 6-ink but two cartridge system whilst I had assumed seperate cartridges for each colour would be better.

Does anyone have any experience of the current Kodak range or any other suggestions?

John.

SteveWalker

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know about Kodak, but Epsons can be very cheap to run if you don't care about using Epson inks - my local computer market usually has conversion kits that replace the ink reservoirs with very flexible silicone tubes and a set of remote reservoirs that hold half a litre or so of each colour. The ink is very cheap in litre bottles. I have no experience of these though, as I have an HP printer.
James

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Classic!

I've just finished a promotion selling these things... and was talking to my boss on the phone when I refreshed and spotted your post!

Check this link about ink prices.

http://www.printandprosper.com

Will write more once off the phone! ;-)

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

designer

posted on 1/6/09 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 3-in-1, but last year bought a HP laserjet 1018, £65 with demo cartridge.

BRILLIANT.

I use it for all my documents, and the cartridge (£36 Cartridge world) last for 2000 sheets.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 1/6/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have an HP C6180, which is an all in one fax, printer, scanner, photo printer.

It has 6 individual ink cartridges.

It's dead easy to use and prints nice photos.

Mike

Keith Weiland

posted on 1/6/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
The kodaks are fairly new but I think they mioght be worth a punt if the fit your requirements as far as colour reporduction and resolution is concerned. The seem to offer very good value.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fov

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
HP would get my money any day of the week for long term running costs.
Hellfire

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Lexmark - I have been told are the most expensive printers to run. Reason, they do not print the capacity of the ink tanks!

I used to run Epson's but IMO they are expensive too - I've now gone to Canon and consider those to be the cheapest - though the Epson did give slightly superior photo-prints. If I want photo's now I get them printed commercially.

Steve

RoadkillUK

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
My experience with Epsons is using more ink during 'cleaning' than printing.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

britishtrident

posted on 4/6/09 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
HP --- no other inkjet is worth having.

To save ink leave the printer switched on 24/7

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.