Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: notts dvla parking rant
thebull

posted on 3/6/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
notts dvla parking rant

just returned from notts dvla after having to take car there for inspection, got there with car on a trailer to find there is nowhere to park a van and trailer so had to park on approach road that has yellow lines, and guess what, i got a parking ticket all because they do not have parking spaces for vehicles with trailers.
please be aware if you do have to go to notts dvla that you will not be able to park if you have a trailer.

dogwood

posted on 3/6/09 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, same problem at Maidstone.

Plenty of parking, but nowere for a van and trailer.

Tossers !!!
Insist on checking the vehicle, but can't park there without risking parking ticket.

What option do we have, apart to wait for a home visit..sometime in the next god knows how many months.

Double rant

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

blakep82

posted on 3/6/09 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, but how many kit car inspections do you suppose they get every day? not many i'll bet. kit car insections isn't thier main job remember!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 3/6/09 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'd take someone with me, so they can sit in the van and wait while you go in !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Richard Quinn

posted on 3/6/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Seems to be a common theme. Chester has a car park for pre-arranged appointments but it has a barrier and you have to report to the desk to get them to lift it to let you in. If you were on your own you would have to leave the car, trailer etc on double-yellows away from the car park as the road is pretty much single lane outside the office. From what I'd heard, the wardens saw it as easy pickings so we went in force so I could stay in the tow car while Paul ran to the office to get the barrier lifted. Not ideal!
NS Dev

posted on 4/6/09 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, been there done that, great intelligence from our government services as usual, doesn't it give you a warm feeling inside that they have had the intelligence at notts to move to a lovely new office development, with very limited parking, when they are the driver and VEHICLE licencing authority!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost my rag there and parked my XR4x4, with trailer and locost, in their flower beds in front of the offices, no tickets for parking there, but lots of run over flowers

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.