Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nanny State
wrigglypig

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Nanny State

I can barely believe this, I was there its not a wind up.....
My dad took his 5 year old corolla for service and MOT its only done 31,000 miles.

When he picked it up they said in truth it should have failed, why ??????
Was it the brakes ? no
Wast it the steering no

Well what was it??

you will love this....
You are not allowed to have anything hanging from the rear view mirror " we have removed your air freshener and placed it in the glove box. If we had left it would be a fail!!!!

I want to swear and rant and rip the half witted idiot who came up with this ones lungs out.

Kev

Miks15

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
yep, i did my work expierence at a local garage and if you leave your satnav thing on the windscreen it could fail because its obstructing your view.

Im not saying i agree with it... jsut that ive heard it before

Jon Ison

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Could be worse, could have not has the bs mark on the number plates........

owelly

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
And quite right too. I've crashed twice swerving to avoid my magic tree......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly

tit

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pgtips

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
They are only doing there job dude. They don't make the rules, they just follow them.clicky
pgtips

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly

Davey D

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
ive had exactly the same at one of my MOT's... i had some furry dice ( classy i know ) hanging from my rear view mirror, and they removed them because they "obstructed the drivers view"

pgtips

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
ive had exactly the same at one of my MOT's... i had some furry dice ( classy i know ) hanging from my rear view mirror, and they removed them because they "obstructed the drivers view"

Ok here is the script.

Your car is in the MOT station on the ramp having it's MOT done.
Mr exam from VOSA is sitting in his car with his litlle laptop across the road loged in the central VOSA database checking what car the MOT tester in the garage is just testing.
Big fairy dice hanging on the rear view mirror of your car and the mot tester thinks to him self..........oh well is only a fairy dice ....well leave it there it be ok..... I don't want to upset my customer.
The MOT tester finish the the MOT test on your vehicle and has failed on nothing else so goes ahead and prinds the pass.....thank you very much sir here your new MOT certificate have a nice day. Mean while Mr MOT exam has allready jumped out of his car after he has seen the resolts of your car pass of your vehicle and he stops you and says to you.....sorry sir I am from VOSA and I would like to have your vehicle reexamed on the same MOT station.....nothing to worry just a spot check really........oh that a nice pair of fairy dice hanging on your rear view mirror...........aheam........
You tell me now who is in the F......g poo here.....you or the MOT tester that has left them there so he want upset his customer. Yep the tester is pulled on one side has his wrist slaped and get's his penalty points.....after so many points the tester is unable to test again and possibly loosing his job..........and all that because he din't want to upset his customer.

F...K THAT.

jollygreengiant

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sorry, but I just gotta play devils advocate, here. The main reason is that in either circumstance the MOT tester gets into trouble. The reason for this is that according to the Vehicle Inspectorate, SO SORRY VOSA, you must test the vehicle as presented, and as such the MOT tester if he removes the said hanging item is in breach of his test regulations because you are not allowed to remove, refit, or replace items as you go. Therefore the MOT testers ONLY option is to issue a failure ticket.

quote:
Originally posted by pgtips
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D

Ok here is the script.

Your car is in the MOT station on the ramp having it's MOT done.
Mr exam from VOSA is sitting in his car with his litlle laptop across the road loged in the central VOSA database checking what car the MOT tester in the garage is just testing.
Big fairy dice hanging on the rear view mirror of your car and the mot tester thinks to him self..........oh well is only a fairy dice ....well leave it there it be ok..... I don't want to upset my customer.
The MOT tester finish the the MOT test on your vehicle and has failed on nothing else so goes ahead and prinds the pass.....thank you very much sir here your new MOT certificate have a nice day. Mean while Mr MOT exam has allready jumped out of his car after he has seen the resolts of your car pass of your vehicle and he stops you and says to you.....sorry sir I am from VOSA and I would like to have your vehicle reexamed on the same MOT station.....nothing to worry just a spot check really........oh that a nice pair of fairy dice hanging on your rear view mirror...........aheam........
You tell me now who is in the F......g poo here.....you or the MOT tester that has left them there so he want upset his customer. Yep the tester is pulled on one side has his wrist slaped and get's his penalty points.....after so many points the tester is unable to test again and possibly loosing his job..........and all that because he din't want to upset his customer.

F...K THAT.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

adithorp

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a friend who's son was knocked down by his grandfather who's view of the road was obscured by...furry dice!

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
If you read the instructions for Garmin satnavs you will see that in quite a few US states you are not allowed to use windscreen sucker mounts because they obscure the driver's vision - you can be stopped by the police for using them.

IMHO, anyone who puts furry dice on their mirror deserves all they get! Hanging's too good for them!

[Edited on 11/6/09 by David Jenkins]

owelly

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hanging's too good for furry dice?? WTF are you suposed to do with them??

David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Smart-arse!

wrigglypig

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Like I said to start with nanny state ! my mot tester puts a VOSA issued sticker on the inside of the windscreen to remind you of when your test is due. Wonder if this is classed as blocking you view. What a completley mental state this country is in IMHO of course
rusty nuts

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrigglypig
Like I said to start with nanny state ! my mot tester puts a VOSA issued sticker on the inside of the windscreen to remind you of when your test is due. Wonder if this is classed as blocking you view. What a completley mental state this country is in IMHO of course

It depends on where in the windscreen he put the sticker!. Sorry Clive ,you can adjust the headlamp alignment during a test now but that is the only rectification a tester is allowed to carry out during a test.. If you don't agree with a fail you can always appeal or better still make sure your car will pass.

owelly

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Smart-arse!

Thanks. I've been working out.....

tendoshingan

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

IMHO, anyone who puts furry dice on their mirror deserves all they get! Hanging's too good for them!

Hanging's too good for furry dice?? WTF are you suposed to do with them??

Smart-arse!

Thanks. I've been working out.....

This really tickled my funny bone,

pgtips

posted on 12/6/09 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrigglypig

Surely your "MOT Tester" din't hang the MOT reminder from your rear view mirror.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.