Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tube flaring question
Benzine

posted on 13/6/09 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Tube flaring question

I've got some 2" steel pipes about 6"long that I want "flaring" out at the ends. Is it called flaring? Once again car terminology gets the better of me and I've no idea. Like a ram pipe:

Is this something I could get done by taking it to an exhaust place or would they not have the machines for it?

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 13/6/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
They are made from spinning the ali (I think).

What you are after is a "Rolled Edge (or rolled end) I think...

ATB

Benzine

posted on 14/6/09 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve, "rolled edge" helps when searching etc. Just need to find somewhere to get them made now ^_^...

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PHULL

posted on 14/6/09 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
yep they are made from metal spinning,

look for metal spinning in your equivalent of the yellow pages. this is the same process used to make pots and pans. They also use the process to make very light wheel rims for racing cars, and mandrel bends for your exhaust pipes, this might give you some ideas of where to get someoene to do it for you.

Benzine

posted on 15/6/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PHULL
yep they are made from metal spinning,

look for metal spinning in your equivalent of the yellow pages. this is the same process used to make pots and pans. They also use the process to make very light wheel rims for racing cars, and mandrel bends for your exhaust pipes, this might give you some ideas of where to get someoene to do it for you.

Aluminium ram pipes are formed that way? I'm after steel pipes bent back on themselves like a mushroom, I know it can be done, I just have no idea where to get it done. I've been round a few engineering/welding places this morning in town but no luck so far

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.