Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Amazing Weekend in Phoenix
sgraber

posted on 8/3/04 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Amazing Weekend in Phoenix

I had none other than Alan Bertwistle (Meerkat Man) himself come out for the weekend.

The weather was perfect, the beers were cold and the car-building went off without a hitch!

We built the car from the frame up in a matter of hours and had some good times driving it around the "Graber Test Track".

Lots of videos and commentary on my website. March 8, 2004 link - http://www.grabercars.com/diarymain.html

Thanks for the visit Alan! I had a blast!

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pbura

posted on 8/3/04 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
EXCELLENT!! (in the Bill & Ted sense)

Glad you guys had a good time, and the car looks great! Agreed with your point on the female perspective on works in progress

See you got some new rubber for the occasion, though it won't last too long with all that reverse lock

Congrats on a MAJOR milestone,

Pete

Pete

Alan B

posted on 8/3/04 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Steve,

Thanks for you and your family's wonderful hospitality.....yes we had a blast didn't we......

Just going to check your site...

back soon....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robinbastd

posted on 8/3/04 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Messrs Graber and Bertwhistle...............Bloody hell! Talk about progress. Gobsmacked.
What a weekend. Flabberghasted.
In awe,
Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Alan B

posted on 8/3/04 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez.......

What a pair of irresponsible hooligans...

COOL.......

sgraber

posted on 8/3/04 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think that

(for this last weekend at least)

We RULE!

hehehe

I have a hard time remembering such a satisfying feeling as ripping around the 'Graber Test Track' at 11:30pm !

Of course Alan learning how to 'Drift' comes in a close second. That's a must-see video btw. right Alan?

Graber

Steve Graber

Alan B

posted on 8/3/04 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Must see indeed...

Even if only for the giggling..........locosting in a nutshell really IMO...

rontyler

posted on 9/3/04 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
Sensational!!

Regards, Ron Tyler

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."

ProjectLMP

posted on 9/3/04 at 03:08 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good and certainly progressing faster then mine!

You'll be giving us home builders a bad name racing around the streets at all hours of the day and night in an illegal vehicle Must say it makes for entertaining viewing, just hope the cops don't find your videos!

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

kb58

posted on 9/3/04 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Last night I watched all the videos and yes, the giggling really helps drive home how much fun you guys had. like two teenagers. All you had to do was cruise past the local diner... of course, who says you didn't!

Just keep in mind what could happen if a very upset cop catches you. I imagine they might even be able to confiscate the car... I was really nervous when I drove my Mini around the block, once!

[Edited on 9/3/04 by kb58]

JoelP

posted on 9/3/04 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
looks fun indeed, certainly had me giggling! thank god you didnt bend a wheel alan!!! that would've been most unfortunate!!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Wadders

posted on 9/3/04 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one boys!
Mucho respect. 10 hours to bolt a car together, it took me longer than that to get the motor to fire in mine.
Steve the car looks amazing, can't wait to see it clothed.
And Alan, till i heard you on the video, i didn't realise you were from tother side!
now i understand why you emigrated
ATB
Alan W

Alan B

posted on 9/3/04 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote

Yes, it's amazing...when the holes are all drilled and it's just an assembly job it doesn't take long at all......

I think the brake and clutch bleeding took an hour of it.....

sgraber

posted on 9/3/04 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
It really was a "pin A into slot B" sort of assembly. Bodes well for future builders...

Alan, did you notice how I conveniently suggested that YOU do the brake and clutch bleeding? .... Thanks Buddy!

You did a great job BTW... hehehe

Steve Graber

timf

posted on 11/3/04 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
i can only say

you crazy loons

night trips with no lights .

looks like fun where do you come for looney trips in la bala

Alan B

posted on 11/3/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
It didn't seem that dark.....I think the beers helped us see better...
kb58

posted on 11/3/04 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Guinness?
Alan B

posted on 11/3/04 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
I can't remember to be honest....

In fairness though, just for the record, it wasn't that dark...very bright moon out, we weren't drunk. and weren't going that fast.....

It's just been edited to make us look more reckless.....Steve should get an oscar for his work....

I expect the next time La Bala takes the streets it could be legally.........

sgraber

posted on 11/3/04 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Legal, illegal.... bah - Shmeegal. Let's see a show of hands of everyone who obeys ALL the rules of the road... No hands? Sometimes you have to break the rules...

And Alan speaks truth. The little straight by my house and the one one the other side of the neighborhood are the only 2 places we went over 30Mph.

It was a local micro-brew btw.

Steve Graber

Alan B

posted on 11/3/04 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Of course we didn't slow down much for the corners either.....no need..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.