Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VAG 1.8T whats the mpg like??
Danozeman

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
VAG 1.8T whats the mpg like??

As above any of you that are running a 1.8T Vag whats the mpg like..

Iv found a skoda superb 1.8t 52 reg for a good price. Just debating whether to go away from diesel or not.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

flak monkey

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on your driving. Average ~35mpg. You might see 40mpg on a motorway journey, and probably mid 20s in town. If your right foot isnt too heavy

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

les g

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
my daughter runs a 1.8t audi a3
its really really nice to drive pulls very well and will go very well if booted
but she says the trip shows early thirties for across the board driving
hth les g

jonesier1

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
mines pretty good and its chipped

im in my own little world...its ok though they know me there

stevem2727

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I Have a chipped mk 1 octavia vrs which does 32 mpg on a run sitting just over the legal limit and averages 28 around town.It does get an easy life.Before it was chipped it would do around 38-40 on a run and 33 round town.It has been a fantastic car with no faults at all in 15k miles.
Danozeman

posted on 6/7/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
MM over 35 i can live with but as its a turbo i will want to play with it with chips and dump valves etc so that may soon disappear.

Theres alot of audis dropping the engines cos the oil pumps seize.

[Edited on 6/7/09 by Danozeman]

[Edited on 6/7/09 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

tomgregory2000

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not many when i drive it propperly
But i just did 220miles to half a tank on sat, was doing 75/80 mph with 3 people in the car, mines a seat leon cupra 180bhp soon to be chipped
Fantastic engine

ritchunt

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
im running a s3 210 bhp im only getting 22mpg can get it up to 24 if you take your time lol
ritchunt

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
sorry forgot to mention make sure the water pump has been done with the timing belt its a servicable item and often over looked, i didnt know this and mine collapsed 3 weeks ago a few bent valves and £1300 poorer but its all rosey in the garden! haha
robinj66

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have that (180BHP) engine in my Seat Leon. I get an overall 29.7 mpg (and I drive it hard most of the time ) but if I do a longish M'way run its around 39mpg.
tegwin

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ritchunt
im running a s3 210 bhp im only getting 22mpg can get it up to 24 if you take your time lol

Bugger me... I was tempted to go look at the red S3 (225) down the road from me but thats silly MPG... Not sure I can justify that!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ritchunt

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
well on parkers they recen 30mpg but no way could you get that i dont even think its possible on a long run at 70mph
but i would still give it a look there quality cars great value for money i think,

tegwin

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah... for £7K you can get quite a car....

But.... considering its heavier on fuel, tyres etc than my current car.... seems hard to justify... which is a shame.....

130hp in a 1000kg car should be enough.....Why would I want 225 in a 1400Kg car? :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

ritchunt

posted on 6/7/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
fair point, you cant fault them except for performance they could do with a bit more umph but other than that i love mine it way better than the civic type r and s2000 i had what they lack in speed they make up for in luxury and comfort
tegwin

posted on 7/7/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Its a shame you say that...

What I wanted was a turbocharged 4wd car that actually goes like hot sh1t.. 225hp suggests it might, but its heavy and...GRRRRR

Back to the drawing board.....

bassett

posted on 7/7/09 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
After 800miles to Le Mans my 225bhp Leon Cupra R returned 31 mpg but we were pushing it seeing as our convoy was a rx8, z4m and e36 m3 evo and all have the mental age of 8 year olds. would have been 34-36 if at 70-80 all the way. Round town it really depends how you drive it, i find the engine doesnt really reach efficiency for a good 15mins so my short journeys round town 2-4 miles return about 23mpg. This may not sound great but every time i take it out i really enjoy driving it unlike when im using the cupra tdi my dad has.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

eddie99

posted on 14/9/10 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Reviving a dead old thread, but in my 210hp s3, i get 32-33 on a run, but am mainly getting 28-29 on a whole tank of mixed driving. Lowest i have got was 22 and that included half a tank at north weald using as much petrol as possible.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
chrisxr2

posted on 17/9/10 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
low 30s

leon cupra 210. average 28-30, even driving carefully.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.