martin keenans midi any one building one

as above any one brought one of martins midis yet whats it like to build
Omni

posted on 12/7/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
I am interested to know too

O

M$RK_VXRD

posted on 14/7/09 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
im going to be ordering a kit off martin asoon as the bank manger pays me the £3000 they ow me

i have watched martin build the midi and he has desgined the kit to be easily assembuiled, on first impression i would say its easier than building a BEC 7

dazzx10r

posted on 5/11/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, I'm a newbie on hear, so a quick hello, and yes I'm going to be building an MK Midi very soon, my chassis will be the 3rd one built by Martin, I have just taken my engine down to him so that he can make up the mounts. I'm going to be using a 2006 ZX10r engine as I know these engines pretty well (I raced a ZX10r for 2 years) and I know a few tuning tricks! Martin just lives down the road from me so I can call in and help out with my build as it's going. I've driven his 'prototype' a few times now and yes it's very impressive with the power from the ZX12 motor, but the good thing about the ZX10 motor is the fact that it has a slipper clutch as standard, and I can use my quickshifter on it! I'll post pics when I can.

[Edited on 5/11/09 by dazzx10r]

kennyrayandersen

posted on 13/11/09 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
anyone know what engine/drive train it's set up for? Any chance it's a Honda V-tec?
Omni

posted on 14/11/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzx10r
Hi guys, I'm a newbie on hear, so a quick hello, and yes I'm going to be building an MK Midi very soon, my chassis will be the 3rd one built by Martin, I have just taken my engine down to him so that he can make up the mounts. I'm going to be using a 2006 ZX10r engine as I know these engines pretty well (I raced a ZX10r for 2 years) and I know a few tuning tricks! Martin just lives down the road from me so I can call in and help out with my build as it's going. I've driven his 'prototype' a few times now and yes it's very impressive with the power from the ZX12 motor, but the good thing about the ZX10 motor is the fact that it has a slipper clutch as standard, and I can use my quickshifter on it! I'll post pics when I can.

[Edited on 5/11/09 by dazzx10r]

Hi Daz & welcome,

Any update on the Midi?

Ostin

dazzx10r

posted on 16/11/09 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kennyrayandersen
anyone know what engine/drive train it's set up for? Any chance it's a Honda V-tec?

They are built specificaly for bike engines, Martin takes your engine and builds the mounts into the chassis build. Talk to Martin, you may be able to adapt it to take v-tec but space would be very tight!

dazzx10r

posted on 16/11/09 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Midi

Hi Omni, just been down to Martins this morning, he's just in the final stages of the build on the 2nd chassis, mines going to be the 3rd to be built, we're looking at christmas week before mines done. He's sorted a supplier out for the fibreglass which is going to be colour impregnated, and also sorted the powder coaters out for the chassis. They are both local to us so this helps no end with the development. There are going to be a few changes to the production chassis kits from the 1st prototype, which should be even better! I strongly urge anyone interested to go and see Martin and take his car for a drive, you will be very impressed!
dazzx10r

posted on 11/1/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Mk Midi

Been working with Martin this last couple of days on my chassis (production #2), things are coming along pretty quickly now, I have also seen the fibreglass today first hand and I have to say i'm pretty impressed If anyone is thinking of an MK Midi this year then I urge you to contact MK sharpish 'cos with the way things are moving you could end up waiting a while for a kit! and no before anyone asks i'm not a sales man for MK! lol.
can't wait to take delivery of it now, i'm hoping to be at Cadwell with it the last weekend in March, for a trackday with focused events.
I'll get som pics of it tomorrow if i remember my camera!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.