Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bulk LPG in cylinders?
MK9R

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Bulk LPG in cylinders?

I haven't got room for an LPG tank to sited in my garden, not to meet regulations anyway, plus no access for a truck unless they have a 20m hose (as they do with the oil). So lloking at getting 4+ 47kg propane tanks, but the price of these are shocking!! LPG to buy in bulk is 30p ish, but in th etanks its 50 quid for 47kg, so about 54p a litre!!

Anyone got any bright ideas for refilling the tanks???

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Can you not have the main gas tank in the correct place and then a long filling pipe that runs closer to the road side to a filling point there.

Like when they put oil tanks inside and then a pipe going to a filling point on the outside wall.

I presume you can have approved strong enough pipes coming from the tank as it has to get to inside the house somehow (altho that bits probably not under as much pressure)

MK9R

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
apart from having the tank under ground or in the middle of the garden, no room for a proper big tank Just had a price of equivalent to 35p for supply of 5 x 47kg tanks, so not too bad, but would prefer to get it down a bit more!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dblissett

posted on 13/7/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
i know this is a bit sideways and not realy what you are looking for but my farther in law lives in a nice place that runs a oil boiler as there is no mains gas supply

he is looking into a air to water heat pump
for every 1 kw you put in you can get up to 4kw out.
the two main companies were mitsubishi and daikin
to my mind its like having a small rad outside sucking the heat out of the air and you then dump it in the house the other end.
good luck
dave

SteveWalker

posted on 13/7/09 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
I think that air source heat pumps tend to give up if the air temperature drops below about 5°C, so unless your father-in-law is keeping his oil boiler as backup, then a ground source heat pump would possibly be better. I don't know much about these things, it's just what I've read over on uk.d-i-y

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.