Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: screen options
FASTdan

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
screen options

We currently have the MK flyscreen on ours and I have to say the wind does get a bit much at times (particularly in your right ear and eyes - even with sunglasses on). Would a proper aero screen reduce this at all? Or is it full screen time - I wondered if even this would help as it seems like a lot of the wind comes in from the side.

I also find with a helmet on your neck gets gradually fatigued by the constant buffeting and sometimes it even feels like the wind is trying to lift the helmet off.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bbwales

posted on 13/7/09 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I have the aeroscreen from Mac#1 and I find that it keeps the wind off me very well, with no wind hitting the right side of my face. In all I am very happy with it.

Bob

BenB

posted on 13/7/09 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
A full screen does induce some funky vortices that whip round the side of the screen and get you from the sides.... It's certainly not as full-on-in-the-face as without but it's certainly not smooth!!
FASTdan

posted on 16/7/09 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbwales
Hi

I have the aeroscreen from Mac#1 and I find that it keeps the wind off me very well, with no wind hitting the right side of my face. In all I am very happy with it.

Bob

Is that on an indy?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
grafter

posted on 16/7/09 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
The only way to get toasty with little wind in the cockpit is to get a full windscreen with side doors. Which are both available but not cheap.
bob

posted on 17/7/09 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
As above

Side screens/doors make an amazing difference.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.