Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How do camber adjusters work?
andyd

posted on 23/7/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
How do camber adjusters work?

Ok, I've had a good hunt around via search and Google but can't find an answer.

I might be being thick but I can't work out how the camber adjusters as seen on Wozsher's wishbones work.

Looking at the ones Rally Design sell they have threads on the inside but don't appear to on the outside.

If they're all made this way then does this mean they just slide into the wishbone top tube and are held in place simply by the drag link lock nut?

So adjustment is made by releasing the lock nut then using the "nut" part of the adjuster to push/pull the drag link in/out?

That kind of makes sense to me now as I've typed it so can someone that knows just confirm that's the case.

Also what would be the best material to use? The Rally Design ones look like brass.

What about wall thickness?

Andy

maximill666

posted on 23/7/09 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

If they're all made this way then does this mean they just slide into the wishbone top tube and are held in place simply by the drag link lock nut?

So adjustment is made by releasing the lock nut then using the "nut" part of the adjuster to push/pull the drag link in/out?

Also what would be the best material to use? The Rally Design ones look like brass.

Yes to the first bit & Yes to the second, also the rally design ones are made of alloy & anodised gold colour

P.S. I have a pair of black anodised adjusters & draglinks for sale if your interested.

ghostrain

posted on 23/7/09 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Your description of how the camber adjuster work is correct. The adjuster turns in a tube in the wishbone,turning the adjuster pushes or pulls the drag link to achieve camber changes,the lock nut holds the selected position once achieved.
It is manufactured from good quality ally,the gold colour is gols anodised.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

procomp

posted on 24/7/09 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Trouble is that with so many people now making them that the market is flooded with cheap ones made of soft alloy poor quality internal threads and that has lead to the threads stripping. Also be aware that the OD of the adjuster must be a good fit with the ID of the wishbone tube.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 24/7/09 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info guys.

Thanks for the offer maximill but I'll be making my own bush tubes and adjusters, erm... cos I can.

Matt, do you think a 6000 series aluminium alloy would be ok or should it be a 2000/7000 variant?

Andy

MikeCapon

posted on 24/7/09 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
6000 or 7000 are good for this type of part. My preferred choice would be 6082 T6. 2000 series are easy machining allies and are not terribly strong.
Cheers,
Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 24/7/09 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mike.

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.