Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 99 R1 fuel pump relay and pump gone?
leemarkadams

posted on 27/7/09 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
99 R1 fuel pump relay and pump gone?

Hello all,

Got the car back after yesterday's track day and started to investigate it properly, and I have come to the conclusion that the fule pump and the fuel pump relay have both gone!

I have tested the pump off the car connected directly to a 12v battery and it does nothing, even after hitting it a fair few times!

I have tried testing the relay in accordance with the Haynes manual and it 'clicks' but does not seem to send the positive signal to the pump (tested using a voltmeter), I have traced the wiring and it all seems good so surely the relay must also have gone? Is that right for both to have gone?

If therelay has gone is it possible to run a feed direct to the pump, via a switch, for the fuel pump to avoid any problems like this in future?

Thanks

Lee

Gazeddy

posted on 27/7/09 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
fuel pump relay could have failed as well as pump or the pump failing could have caused the relay to burn out. i wouldnt bypass the relay the way i see it if big manufacturers can save a couple of pence by not using it they would do.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.