Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Snetterton Track Day
uklee70

posted on 16/8/09 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Snetterton Track Day

Hi All

Can anyone tell me what Snetteron is like for a BEC

I'm looking to do an evening trackday there.

Any Thoughts?

Lee

flibble

posted on 16/8/09 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
I've only been there on a bike and had mucho fun, long straights and a really long fast corner are excellent fun, not sure it'd be as good as some tracks for a bec as I'd guess twisty bits are where the fun is which snetterton lacks, no doubt you'll still enjoy it though

Its got good run-offs incase it all goes wrong (which it has for me a couple of times ), the pits/canteen/on site fuel/marshalls were all excellent too.
Ill be there in the car one day hopefully!

Ps. How much is an eve for a car? I seem to remember about £60 for a bike, been a few years though

[Edited on 16/8/09 by flibble]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 16/8/09 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Snetterton is a good circuit,but has one of the longest back straights,if not the longest back straight of any uk circuit,so if your in the little speedster Lee,be prepared to move over and let the big boys through,not one of my favorites,but some interesting corners,getting the right amount of speed scrubed off before you hit the corner called the bomb hole at the end of the straight takes a bit of practice,and the sweaping very long right hander after that car be a bike engine killer if you don't have your engine oil control sorted,as I found out,blowing a GSXR 1000 up there a few years ago
Oulton park,Cadwell,and Rockingham would be all better options for you in the speedster in my opinion

uklee70

posted on 16/8/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul

That was my fear !!!!

I think it will be a dull evening not to interested with flat out top speed and £99 for the evening.

The trouble is My Mum lives 15 mins from the curcuit. I have to tell her to move to Cadwell!!

Cheers Lee

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.