Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another Dutton ringer on ebay
Humbug

posted on 22/8/09 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Another Dutton ringer on ebay

1972 "tax-exempt Formula 27"... unless he kept the Dutton chassis (which it seems not as "RATHER THEM REBUILD THE DUTTON I REPLACED IT WITH A NEW FORMULA 27 KIT USING ANY SALVAGEABLE PARTS, MAINLY THE ENGINE AND DRIVEGEAR" it needs to be IVAd. What do you reckon? a few "subtle" questions to the seller, or report to eBay?

P.S. Mycarcheck.com has it as a Dutton Coupe...

[Edited on 22.08.2009 by Humbug]

pinto

posted on 22/8/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
link
CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Who cares ????
D Beddows

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with him ^

Paul (Notts)

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
any one who has an accident in it as it would not be insured.

BenB

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Or anyone who he crashes in to......
BenB

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
At least the item location is accurate!!
CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!

Or any dumb twat that buys it without doing some minimal research first .
JoelP

funny he lives in a place called crook!

Im fine with people ringing a dutton for their own use, because its them who get shafted when it goes wrong. Selling it without explaining its not legal is wrong.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

JoelP

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

So anyone who buys it without good knowledge of v5s and SVA/IVA is a dumb twat? I assume dumb twats deserve to get shafted?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Its all at the end of a keypad nowadays and takes minutes. If you cant be bothered to look into it first then live and learn me old son.
Lets face it millions voted Labour and got the rest of us shafted.
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

So anyone who buys it without good knowledge of v5s and SVA/IVA is a dumb twat? I assume dumb twats deserve to get shafted?

[Edited on 22/8/09 by CRAIGR]

Andi

posted on 22/8/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
We all get shafted who ever gets in
RichieW

posted on 22/8/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
In cases of non disclosure or misrepresentation etc, I believe insurance companies will still pay out to third parties. The owner won't be covered though.
owelly

posted on 22/8/09 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'm certain the insurers won't have a problem. The days of them trying every way of avoiding a payout are long gone. They take your money and can take a few payouts and still be in business.

I can't see why folks get excited about these 'ringers'. I don't care. It's not my problem. When I buy a car, I do my best to find out what it is I'm buying is legtimate. Others should do the same. If they've done it to hide a stolen car, then that's another matter!
And if anyone sells a log book or ID, they'll have to live with the consequences if they get caught. The guy who sold the docs off a car before I bought it got an 18 month suspended sentence when I applied for them!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
yellow melos

posted on 22/8/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
There is also a dutton bulldog on there again for the 2nd time.

ringing seems to have gone mad this year.

D Beddows

posted on 22/8/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
When it's estimated nowadays that 1 in every 5 cars you drive past isn't properly insured who realy cares about a handfull of kit cars that aren't registered properly! - if someone can't be bothered researching what they're buying before they buy it then more fool them tbh - and if wrongly registered kit cars on ebay make you realy cross tell ebay about it rather than us because a. there's nothing we can do about it and b. it's actualy non of our business!

[Edited on 22/8/09 by D Beddows]

rusty nuts

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
When it's estimated nowadays that 1 in every 5 cars you drive past isn't properly insured who realy cares about a handfull of kit cars that aren't registered properly! - if someone can't be bothered researching what they're buying before they buy it then more fool them tbh - and if wrongly registered kit cars on ebay make you realy cross tell ebay about it rather than us because a. there's nothing we can do about it and b. it's actualy non of our business!

[Edited on 22/8/09 by D Beddows]

I beg to differ! The whole point of SVA /IVA is to make sure our cars are safe , this car has not passed either . Also our cars tend to be driven perhaps a little more enthusiastically than most and so potentially are more likely to be involved in an accident. I for one would want to know that the car had met at least some sort of basic requirements as regards welding/construction etc. How many people on the forum have brought cars rather than built them , perhaps not knowing the first thing about cars? Alright they perhaps should do some research but some don't. Would you want one of your friends to buy it knowing that it shouldn't be on the road and may have to have an IVA test costing hundreds if not thousands to get it through?

Richard Quinn

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellow melos
There is also a dutton bulldog on there again for the 2nd time.

ringing seems to have gone mad this year.
There's probably only the same amount in existence just that there are more kits up for sale this year due to changing priorities brought about by the current financial situation. You only have to look on here to see that.

the_fbi

posted on 23/8/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm certain the insurers won't have a problem. The days of them trying every way of avoiding a payout are long gone.

Not too sure about that.
A guy at work had an accident in the fog, just missed the turn off a main road for a little country lane and clipped the roadsign which was on the island between exit and entry roads.

Insurance wouldn't pay out as they said his tyres were overinflated and that affected his braking.

In actual fact his tyres were perfectly legal across the whole tread but were worn slightly more in the centre, showing overinflation.

Unfortunately he's one of the "just get on with life and not argue" guys, so didn't fight it, binned the car and moved on.

That was Direct Line iirc.

BenB

posted on 23/8/09 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Ebay don't give a poo about it. They just want their %age and the ability to say "buyer beware" when the buyer finds out they've got a dud.

Or put it this way- this item was reported yesterday and it's still on there......

owelly

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The whole point of SVA /IVA is to make sure our cars are safe , this car has not passed either .

I can't totally agree with this statement either!! The SVA/IVA can't check welds. They can have a look at the ones they can see and make an opinion but unless they carry out non-destruction testing of the chassis or welds then they can't actually test he chassis. They can't test the design of the chassis. They can express an opinion, but I'm sure they don't hold any sort of engineering certification or can run any sort of build model. And where does that leave they guys who alter cars after the SVA/IVA? Does it imply that by removing the radio controlled tyre off the coil over will make the car a danger? Or fitting a different steering wheel? Are these people as bad as folks who are manipulation the documentation?
As I've said before, it shouldn't bother me as all my cars have proper documents!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 24/8/09 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
At least the welds that they can see are inspected which obviously in the case of this car the welds are an unknown quality. Inferior/poor welding would certainly be an SVA /IVA fail . In fact it should be an MOT failure .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.