Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Under Scuttle Fabrication (!!)
fuzzy!!

posted on 3/9/09 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Under Scuttle Fabrication (!!)

sorry - really bad description as I'm still a real amateur but I'm having trouble working out or finding any info on the structure below the scuttle.

Per pic (I hope) how are the dimensions, location, etc of the rail that the steering is attached to in this pic calculated? is there a design anywhere or is it pure guesstimation? does it depend on your preferred steering position and is there anything else that hangs off it? Does the scuttle fit in only one position?

Anything that I could reference would be really useful. apologies for the simpliity of the question.

thanks
Stef

Peteff

posted on 3/9/09 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sit in the chassis and put the steering wheel where you want it then work out where the brackets will need to be to get it there. The scuttle ends where the angle changes on the top side rails unless you make it differently but the scuttle doesn't usually support the steering just covers the mechanism and wiring. Pure guesstimation sums it up but there is obviously some logic behind it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mistergrumpy

posted on 4/9/09 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Yep as above really. I just guessed on mine positioning and what not. But make sure it's up to strength as mine had a bit of flex in the column mounting when you swung on the steering wheel and this was brought up on my first SVA fail.
Liam

posted on 4/9/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just make it more substantial than that one above which looks far too weak. That steering wheel probably moves around like a aeroplane wheel
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 4/9/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I wish I could be of more help.

I must be the only one who followed "Uncle Ron's" alternative suggestion of using the Nova column.

Cheers
Paul G

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.