Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Royal Mail.....
richard thomas

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail.....

....must be populated mainly by gypsies, tramps and thieves these days

Sick of having things like birthday cards etc delivered having first being opened and any monies removed! Regularly.

Have had to resort to sending things in brown envelopes to disguise the contents - rest of my family doing the same thing now...luckily everyone has wised up and no longer sends money.

Not sure it deserves the 'Royal' in the title any more - full of pikies if you ask me!!

Makes me a lot less sympathetic to the cause of small branches that get shut down.

Bigheppy

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
I had several parcels that never arrived, when I claimed for them I was fobbed off for quite a while, and then advised that the person sending the item had to claim. A local post office worker was found to have stolen 'thousands' of parcels and letters, found in his house, never did hear what sentence he got, after this was in the press I got instant refund on a book without any problems or stalling. I have not had anything go missing since
Werner Van Loock

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
At least you still received, international it's a real pain in the *ss, can't count the lost packages anymore.

If it's valuable I only use DHL or something otherwise only signed for and still it gets lost from time to time.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Thres alsorts of stuff goes on. I actually cant believe people still send money in cards which are obviously cards!! 8 times out of 10 theres gonna be money in it. They charge you for postal orders now aswell.

Trouble is they employ anyone.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

BenB

posted on 13/9/09 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I had 9 parcels go missing in 18 months and RM said they wouldn't investigate it at the sorting office because it "wasn't a significant number of events".

I also got a card from the local sorting office saying they had a parcel for me, when I went to collect it they said they hadn't got it and "maybe it hadn't reached them in the first place". WTF! Are they telepathic or something- do they now send out a card when they're about to have a parcel to give you?....

britishtrident

posted on 13/9/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
We send a lot of accounting and legal documents by mail we never send anything by recorded delivery unless we can avoid it as in some English big city postal areas the odds are better than evens it will go missing.

Sending recorded mail to London is like sending it to a black hole.

North of the border addresses tend to be fine we never had any problems.

morcus

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
The worst thing is, If you've got someone stealing from your mail, Chances are they'll be at your end so it'll happen alot. We had a problem with it a few years ago and we were getting mail that had been opened almost every day.

The worst though is when you pay extra for recorded or what have you ans then when it goes missing find the only point that it was processed propperly was the post office you sent it at and the form with it has just your signiture and the chashiers with empty spaces where about 7 other stages should have been checked (And the last time it happened they just posted it through the door even though it said in big letters that it had to be signed for).

Alex.

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Recorded delivery is only a signature at the receiving end.

If something is valuable (either money or information) then send it Special Delivery. This is signed for at all stages of the delivery process and is much less likely to go astray.

Alex.

Jasper

posted on 14/9/09 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Why would anybody send cash in the post without sending it Signed For or Special? Your just asking for trouble.....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Rob Palin

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
For months I had my autosport magazine subscription go missing and several sets of racing event tickets go missing. I complained and was told they'd investigate.

A month later I got a letter saying that a staff member had been disciplined and they enclosed a book of 6 1st class stamps as "compensation". It didn't make me happy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.