Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Laser Cutting
phelpsa

posted on 20/9/09 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Laser Cutting

I'm looking to have a couple of small brackets laser cut from 6mm steel. I've contacted a couple of places who advertise on the net but have been told its not really worth their while. I seem to remember there was someone on here who did low volume jobs?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 20/9/09 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
flak monkey dave
and andyw7de does waterjet cutting

[Edited on 20/9/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

indykid

posted on 20/9/09 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
i've had absolutely fantastic service from andyw7de on the 2 occasions i've needed bits cutting, both one offs, cat flanges in 10mm stainless and a comp cover flange in 6mm ally.

i'm sure david would provide the same service though if he has access to waterjet/laser facilities.

wozsher also does cutting iirc but i've asked for quotes on some more complex bits before and heard nothing back
tom

Ben_Copeland

posted on 21/9/09 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
Flak gets his stuff done by 3ge components(also on here) but liike me, has been waiting ages for his bits!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

MakeEverything

posted on 21/9/09 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
There is a place near me in Letchworth, but called Stevenage laser cutting services, Stevenage fabrication or something of that ilk.

He sounded quite keen to get into the kit car parts market, so maybe worth a Google?? From memory, he quoted me happy too but i havent had anything done yet. I was thinking a new hannibal mask for the missus....

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

turbodisplay

posted on 21/9/09 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
I`m getting a load of dash parts cut in ali. If you send me the parts as a .dxf file by first thing tomorrow, i can get a quote.
Normal time is about 5-7 working days, then i`ll post your parts on.
Think the onlyfile they can read is 2000 .dxf files, as apposed to 2004.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 21/9/09 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I've used www.laser-eng.com twice in the past. Minimum job cost is 30-35 so you'ld get quite a few brackets for that much!!!

But it would seem nice to support the LB massif

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.