Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Running Half Marathon Today from 02 Arena
James

posted on 26/9/09 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
Running Half Marathon Today from 02 Arena

Anyone else into running at all?

I'm not!!! But somehow got my arm twisted into agreeing to run the Sony Ericsson, Run to the Beat half marathon from the 02 Arena today (Sunday).

Gulp!

Anyone else doing it? If so, what the hell are you doing on here at this time of night???

Anyway off to bed!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

02GF74

posted on 27/9/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
i am a regular runner, doing 3, 5, 7 mile runs on mon, wed, fri respectively - the fri run only during summer.

don't do 0.5 or 1.0 marathons since if I were to do them, I'd want to do the best time I could and running for such a distance is too boring.

I did do a 0.5 years ago and will do my 1.0 when I am siixty.

good luck - drink lots of water and run at your own pace.

I am sure you are raising much money for cheridee but don't like to talk about it?

andyace

posted on 27/9/09 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Similar thing last week, did the GNR half marathon. I've never run before in my life.

Very nervous about whether I would finish or not, but the crowds carry you along and was pleased with my 2h 49min.

Managed to raise £200+ for the charity i was running for and now planning for next year.

Just stick to a pace you can manage and you will be ok.

Miks15

posted on 27/9/09 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
i did the nottingham half 2 weeks ago, like everyone says, pace yourself, set yourself an achievable goal and work out what your time should be at each mile marker then stick to it.

good luck

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.