Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BE - Halfrauds Toolkits
cd.thomson

posted on 2/10/09 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
BE - Halfrauds Toolkits

>>linkydoos<<

I need to spend money elsewhere at the minute, but that halfprice 150pc set is loverly!

Craig

MikeRJ

posted on 2/10/09 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I've had the same set for a few years and it's been bullet proof.
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 2/10/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
yup i also have that exact set, again its been superb, it was especially for the build as present. I have had to replace the middle ratchet but thats probably because i lent it to someone who tried to force to much through it - ie put a scaffold pole on the end of it for extra leverage - needless to say he didn't borrow them again

blakep82

posted on 2/10/09 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
>>linkydoos<<

I need to spend money elsewhere at the minute, but that halfprice 150pc set is loverly!

so why call them halfrauds then?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jossey

posted on 2/10/09 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
good toolkit

lifetime warranty on sockets and rachetts well worth the money.... dont lose the receipt though. i broke my ratchet taking a engine mounting bolt off with a 6ft scaffolding poll on it and it broke. great kits but it took months to find receipt. even my compressor and gun couldnt take the bolt off so the pro toolkit is worth its money. GET IT! they sell cheap after xmas i got mine 2 years ago at £99 half price. and my dad got same kit last year at £120.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 2/10/09 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
lifetime warranty on sockets and rachetts well worth the money.... dont lose the receipt though. i broke my ratchet taking a engine mounting bolt off with a 6ft scaffolding poll on it and it broke. great kits but it took months to find receipt. even my compressor and gun couldnt take the bolt off so the pro toolkit is worth its money. GET IT! they sell cheap after xmas i got mine 2 years ago at £99 half price. and my dad got same kit last year at £120.

I managed to get a hex bit set replaced without any receipt. I just took it in and they verified that it said "Halfords Professional" on it and replaced it like for like.

As said above, good tools and the lifetime warranty is worth every penny. I broke my hex bit torquing up my Lobro driveshaft bolts but there was no fuxx from Halfords nor any suggestion that it was my fault. Very impressed!

James

posted on 2/10/09 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
I bought that 150piece tool set too.

Not used it much and have a few duplicates now but it does seem very good.
Although I was a bit annoyed to find that 10mm-19mm sockets are 3/8" fitting not 1/2" which is a slight worry. But I do have these duplicated in 1/2" by Teng.
How much difference does that make to the strength?
Also, there's no 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor so you can't use all the extension pieces. But Halfords do these individually for not much money and there's spare space in the box where it could go.

I slightly prefer the 'feel' of my Teng stuff. But that may just be the paint!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 2/10/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
What I can't understand is why they now charge so much for the 10 piece ratchet ring spanner set.

I bought mine from them for £20 AFAIK about 5 years ago. It's now £80!!!!!

Now that's inflation. Where are we? Zimbabwe?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 2/10/09 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Staple balls

posted on 2/10/09 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote

Been waiting for a half price sale to buy the 150pc set

superfly

posted on 2/10/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
I bought mine from Machinemart, lifetime warranty as well,i looked at the halfords one but didnt like the idea of paying extra for a load of af sockets that i would never use hence the all metric one that i bought.
gazzarose

posted on 2/10/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah i got the same set, bought it xmas time for £99. Mines been great, use it in work daily and been fine but mine only gets light use. The mechanic in work has a Halfords pro set and had it for 2 years and never broke anything.

Gazza

tomblyth

posted on 2/10/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
anyone bought one of these?
link

Staple balls

posted on 2/10/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomblyth
anyone bought one of these?
link

I've not, but I bought this from the same seller, came pretty battered around the base, took me 2 hours to get it into a usable state. However I think they drop-ship from sealey, so it doesn't reflect on the seller.

Still, decent enough for me.

I didn't really consider the extra £40-odd worth it for a load of low grade tools, I'm sure the socket set is probably decent enough but I didn't feel like taking the chance.

DorsetStrider

posted on 2/10/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
These are great bits of kit and I would be happy to recommend them. Although branded halfords they are actually made by Teng (or so I've been led to beleive).

As for the warrenty if a part breaks you shouldn't need a receipt to get the part swapped for a new one. Although there seems to be some discrepancy between stores on this.
HOWEVER it should be remembered that the rachet mechanism IS NOT covered by warrenty as (like with any moving part) it will wear over time. But more importantly it's the part most likely to fail if abused (see scaffolding pole extension). If the ratchet fails expect to have to pay for a new ratchet. Effectively this is the same warrenty snap on offer.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.