Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone do fiberglass
oadamo

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
anyone do fiberglass

hi do you lot no anyone that will do a fiberglass kitcar bodykit. i need someone to make the molds for me or to supply the panels.
adam

londonsean69

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
hi do you lot no anyone that will do a fiberglass kitcar bodykit. i need someone to make the molds for me or to supply the panels.
adam

Do you mean who makes the wings/nose etc. for a 7 type car.

OR

Someone who will put together a full custom bodywork set, from your sketch/design??

Cheers
-----------------------
Sean

smart51

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Vindicator did that F15 inspired thing for a paying customer. Now that's done they may have room for a new project. I'd have thought any GRP manufacturing company would make moulds for you as part of their standard services.

iank

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Talk to Triton, if he can't at the moment he may know someone reputable that can/will.

I suspect it will be expensive though, making moulds is time consuming to say the least.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
i have the moulds for this.

I'm making a set of bodywork for someone in January

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

londonsean69

posted on 20/11/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Talk to Triton, if he can't at the moment he may know someone reputable that can/will.

I suspect it will be expensive though, making moulds is time consuming to say the least.

I think Mark (Triton) is out of the bodywork game. He has sold the moulds to Saturn Sports Cars.

He might do it as it is something different to just doing 7 stuff, but you would have to ask him.

I think it will be pretty pricey.

I vaguely remember, a long time ago, one of the bodykit firms was willing to develop a kit based upon a customers design, but it would run at about £6k. And that was just for bumpers, skirts etc.

Although you got about 50% of that back if the kit became commercially viable

Cheers
-----------------------
Sean

Triton

posted on 20/11/09 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Not me anymore sorry my shoulder is shot to pieces but there is a damn good laminator/pattern maker and mould maker just off the M1 in Northants....pm if you want his number.

I warn you though making something from scratch is expensive that's why most kit cars are 7's or cobras as easy to rip off.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 20/11/09 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.mvsracing.co.uk/

oadamo

posted on 20/11/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Not me anymore sorry my shoulder is shot to pieces but there is a damn good laminator/pattern maker and mould maker just off the M1 in Northants....pm if you want his number.

I warn you though making something from scratch is expensive that's why most kit cars are 7's or cobras as easy to rip off.

u2u sent thanks guys

Andy B

posted on 20/11/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Another possibility is Applied Fibreglass who are next to my unit - they make GT40,s AC Cobras and almost every historic body out there, they are currently doing the buck for my new car
Really helpful and good at what they do, if you want to speak to them give me a call on 01449 736633 and I will hook you up
regards
Andy

morcus

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
You said you were going to post something explaining your SS1, I've not seen anything yet and I'm still really intrested.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.