Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT - Kangoo throttle cable replacement
speedyxjs

posted on 24/11/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
OT - Kangoo throttle cable replacement

This might be easier than i make out but iv been working with the worlds worst torch in darkness trying to sort this out.

The throttle cable on our 1.9 kangoo has snapped by the pedal. As we dont have a spare atm, i thought id remove it and do a temporary fix to last tomorrow but i cant get the barsteward out

Iv got the pedal bit out but i cant see the cable in the engine bay let alone where it connects to the pump(?)

Has anyone done one before?

ETA - A petrol engine i know my way around, diseasles however, are another world to me atm

[Edited on 24-11-09 by speedyxjs]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

drury318

posted on 24/11/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, if I remember correctly the cable runs sort of under the scuttle across the bulkhead to a unit somewhere near the battery (maybe under it?). This unit is then used to control the pump electrically. You can strip this unit to replace the cable inside it if you are careful I believe. Dennis
john_p_b

posted on 24/11/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
they're a hell beast to get at!

you'll pretty much destroy the cable getting it through the bulk head, then it runs behind the sound deadening and goes to a little magic box that sits below the battery, you can just about access it if you take the header tank out and have multi jointed arms.

so basically, remove the sound deadening, remove the header tank, trace the cable to the little black box which it held on with 2 6mm bolts, take the box off it's bracket, the box with unclip open and you can then change the cable. it's also easier to remove the o/s/f wheel and remove the section of the arch liner to get access the cable as it comes through the bulkhead.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

speedyxjs

posted on 25/11/09 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Ok cheers guys. Im going to battle the weather and a bad cold to get this thing working by tomorrow

speedyxjs

posted on 25/11/09 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yaay, iv done it. Took 2 hours and i feel really ill but iv still done it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.