Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Suitable rear lights?
Miks15

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Suitable rear lights?

I want some strip lights for the back of my car, so thought about strip lights, WOuld something like this be suitable for the rear lights?
here
They also have a white one, would this be suitbale for a reverse light if i had one on either side?

Or does anyone know anywhere i can get strip LED lighting suitable for the rear?

I dont think the aove would work as rear brake lights which is my only concern? anyone suggest anything else?

Thanks

Mikkel

thefreak

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm guessing that's for the rear high brake light, and the White ones are for some daytime running lights. Doubt they'll be suitable for tail/stop lights though
Miks15

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
well i was hoping to use some strip LEDs for the tail and brake lights, which is why i asked if anyone else knew anything suitable.

And i was hoping the white ones could reverse lights.

londonsean69

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure you will have to mke sure they are E marked for IVA *unless you already have it)

I too would like something along those lines, and have been searching high and low for some nice, combined, Stop/Tail and indicator strip lights

Cheers
-----------------------
Sean

Miks15

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
i was uder the impressiong that it was down to the tester to determine whether or not the rear lights were suitable if they were not e-marked? or has that changed for IVA?
londonsean69

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
i was uder the impressiong that it was down to the tester to determine whether or not the rear lights were suitable if they were not e-marked? or has that changed for IVA?

I've just had a good look at the relevant sections and it seems you might be right.

The only reference I can seem to find to "E-Marked" is with regards to rear fog lights

Cheers
-----------------------
Sean

Miks15

posted on 30/11/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I just found these, they are in amber white and red so possibly useable for all rear lights, although rather expensive?

just found this

RK

posted on 30/11/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Both those choices look great IMO, and the Europa Spares ones can be stuck on, which is a HUGE bonus. I used truck lights from Fleabay, to which I will have to add some reflectors. Making the holes for them was not easy, although I chain drilled and sanded. I couldn't make them too big so I had to be careful.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1LdTE5vzT0ablLIacEMXuQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLfsoZrNyoKG4QE&feat=directlink

Miks15

posted on 1/12/09 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
mind if i ask how much they were rk?
RK

posted on 2/12/09 at 01:55 AM Reply With Quote
It was a year or two ago now, but I recall $40 or so, while our dollar was at par with the US dollar. So not much!
greed1

posted on 2/12/09 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
which truck did you nick them off please

Drive it stright sideways

RK

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Red-Round-20-LED-Truck-Trailer-Stop-Turn-Tail-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ae42308bQQitemZ140362526859QQptZMotor sQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1404wt_1165

this is similar, although mine are obviously red but look white when not lit and don't have the reflector ring. I really like these ones!

RK

posted on 2/12/09 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Red-10-LED-Round-Trailer-Truck-Stop-Turn-Tail-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ae4abe77QQitemZ140363087479QQptZMot orsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1291wt_1165

I think these are the ones I have,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.