Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Van/vehicle recommendation needed
Jasper

posted on 1/12/09 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Van/vehicle recommendation needed

This is for my sister, who's a landscape gardener.

She needs three seats at least and a covered back, no pickups. It's also her family car, so transit van is no good. She's currently got a Berlingo, which is a real piece of crap. She needs something she can drive long distances too, the Berlingo is rubbish on a motorway.

In my mind I've got the Nissan Pathfinder and the Disco, but not sure at that budget, £7-9k.

Also thought of the Forrester too ....

[Edited on 1/12/09 by Jasper]

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

tegwin

posted on 1/12/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
VW Transporter crew cab? Something like a T4 with the 2.5 TDI engine is fairly economical and if remapped shifts like a shifty thing!

My sister drivers hers back and forward from the alps..

[Edited on 1/12/09 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

m8kwr

posted on 1/12/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a vw touran as a family car, the seat arrangement is great, you can seat a minimum of 2, up to 7, and all the combinations in between. A bit like a transit van (or so i am told regularly) .

And with all the 3 back seats taken out (the 2 rear rear ones fold down), you can fit soooo much in there, and you have got more height then an estate/station-wagon...

Great on motorways, good mpg as well

richwill

posted on 1/12/09 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Mazda Bongo?
gazza285

posted on 1/12/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Done over 100,000 in my Berlingo, mainly on the motorway, I'd recommend one to anybody who was after a small van.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 2/12/09 at 01:09 AM Reply With Quote
Double cab pickup with a hardtop? I know you said no pickups because you need a covered load but my dad had one for three years (A Ford Ranger XLT Thunder) and it was just like having a giant estate and you have the benefit of not being able to smell anything in the back. Good spec ones are comfortable too, I went to scotland and back a few times in the Front and in the Back.

Also, as they've gone out of Fashion they're reletively cheap, my dad bought his for about £10,000 (It was recovered so it was cheap at the time) and had to sell it for just over £3,000 (Though that was trade so it would cost abit more to buy one).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.