Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Griffin power systems inlet to throttle bodies
stuart_g

posted on 7/12/09 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Griffin power systems inlet to throttle bodies

With the info and pictures sent to me by another forum member on here I spent the weekend making adapter plates to fit GSXR throttle bodies to a Burton Power twin carb inlet manifold. It isn't fully finished yet and the adapter plates need to be trimmed down but tonight I thought I'd have a trial fitting. What do you think?
From this Description
Description

To this
Description
Description

Description
Description

I now need to source an inlet manifold gasket. I have spoken to Burton's who say the one I need is the plastic thick one costing £22. The gasket that was used with the griffin power systems inlet is a metal one. Anyone know where this is fitted on the Mondeo the engine came from and will it be ok to use for the inlet manifold I have.
What have you used?

Description
Description

Where does the crankcase breather connect to when using throttle bodies? It used to go to the inlet plenum but that has now gone so where do I now connect it or do I put a filter on it?

[Edited on 8/12/09 by stuart_g]

wonderfulweasel

posted on 7/12/09 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
That looks really good.

I'd take the breater to a catch tank.

djtom

posted on 7/12/09 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think the plastic gasket was standard fit to Fiesta 1800 cc cars. Cost me about 4 quid from the local factors.

Nice work on the adaptors by the way!
Tom

will121

posted on 8/12/09 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
the orignal crankcase breather on early zetec's went into the injector plate area, but wouldnt suppose your manifold has a facility for it?, from the griffin gasket would look like it may have had a tapping which lines up with the hole at bottom left so a catch tank might be a easy option, as for gaskets silvertop fiesta RS1800, Si's and early mondeos had simular gaskets but all the links in the gasket are purly for the breather arrangement and might not be necessary in your case
MikeR

posted on 8/12/09 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have any measurements from the griffin?

I'm tempted to make my own.

stuart_g

posted on 8/12/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
I can get you some measurements later if you want.

I will be selling the griffin setup when I have the TB's setup and running OK if you're not in a hurry.

MikeR

posted on 8/12/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Not in a hurry (look how long i've been building).

Interested in measurements as i've got a crossflow in at the moment (zetec in the g/f garage) and would probably like to make something for both.

MikeRJ

posted on 8/12/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
How have you held the throttle bodies within the adapter plates?
stuart_g

posted on 8/12/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
If you look at the bottom photo you can just about see an aluminium angle. This is bolted to the TB's and then to the adapter plates. The TB's are also a very close fit in the adapter plates. Seems to hold them very well.
sebastiaan

posted on 8/12/09 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Have you ensured that the TB to adapter plate joint doesn't leak? If it does, balancing the TB's will be challenging...
stuart_g

posted on 8/12/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
TB's to adapter plates and adapter plates to manifold will be sealed using a good quality gasket compound. This will only be done on final assembly. Should only need a smear of compound on the TB's as they are a very good fit in the adapter plates. The holes in the adapter plates where done on my lathe so they were made just big enough for each TB.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.