Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Royal Mail
flak monkey

posted on 17/12/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail

After reasonable dealings with royal mail for a while they are starting to annoy me now.

Sent a parcel via parcelforce 48 2 weeks ago and its still not been delivered. According to parcelforce they havent received it from royal mail!

And I posted some bits back for return last friday via first class signed for and they still havent been delivered!

Flippin' useless!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

tomgregory2000

posted on 17/12/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
The postal 'service' is just a complete joke

Ive given up trying to get things through the post and like to find them locally

MikeR

posted on 17/12/09 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'm waiting on some thing posted by a user on here + presents i've ordered.

Getting a little stressed about things at the moment

flak monkey

posted on 17/12/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly the alternatives just arent there

Complete joke.

Looks like I will be going to the post office tomorrow to whinge at them.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

jacko

posted on 17/12/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yes but its snowing
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr henderson

posted on 17/12/09 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've not had any problems recently, been very good in fact, especially considering the season.

I think it has more to do with bad luck when posting stuff goes wrong, rather than a bad system. Anyone how many pieces of mail they deal with each day? Must be a lot, and I believe the vast majority of it gets through without any difficulty.

IanBrace
Builder

Posts 159
Registered 21/5/09
Location Lincoln

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Re-built 1986 O and C Sport and sold it! Now a K s

posted on 17/12/09 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
We're opening a new business on jan 4th so been ordering loads of bits and bobs half of which seem to have gone missing. Fortunately all my car bits have turned up!!!
Navenby Travel
Sorry for the plug!

www.aerialphotography.org.uk

eznfrank

posted on 17/12/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IanBrace
We're opening a new business on jan 4th so been ordering loads of bits and bobs half of which seem to have gone missing. Fortunately all my car bits have turned up!!!
Navenby Travel
Sorry for the plug!

Can you find me a cruise of the Norwegian Fjords that goes from Hull - does such a thing exist (Sorry for the hijack)

britishtrident

posted on 17/12/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect those who pull strings in this country are trying very hard to destroy the Royal Mail.
mr henderson

posted on 17/12/09 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
I suspect those who pull strings in this country are trying very hard to destroy the Royal Mail.

Yes, and forcing them to charge uneconomically low prices for their services, and then complaining that they are losing money, is just one of the techniques.

Oh, I looked it up, 84 million items a day.

[Edited on 17/12/09 by mr henderson]

dhutch

posted on 18/12/09 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr hendersonYes, and forcing them to charge uneconomically low prices for their services, and then complaining that they are losing money, is just one of the techniques.

But what im yet to understand is why?
- And what do they suggest is the alternative.

Personally i only have good things to say about RM/PF on the whole. I once had one stand-in numpty given a PF to the RM man which ment it took an extra day and was untrackable for that time but other than that its quick, doorstep, and reasonably priced.

If i have the option i always choose for delivery via RM/PF, when im posting stuff out, its always via RM/PF.
Beats treking into leicester or nottingham to collect undelivered goods again. Instead its 10mintues walk into town.

Daniel

se7en

posted on 18/12/09 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
I recently sent a parcel by Royal Mail only to arrive at its destination damaged. I had paid for insurance so I thought I would be able to claim for the damage.

Oh No!, according to Royal Mail. Your parcel had insufficient packing so therefore you don't get any payment. When it was explained to them that the packaging was designed by the contents manufacturer around Royal Mails specifications, they refused to answer any further mail on the matter.

Since this episode I have stopped using Royal Mail and I now use City Link who do just as good a job (if not better).

I have no sympathy for Royal Mail they are their own worst enemy. I believe they have no idea of the REAL cost of a mail service - no wonder they are in difficulties.

02GF74

posted on 18/12/09 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
in all the years I have used the Royal Mail, I can recall losing 3 items, two of which were last month.

Wierd that we're seeing a spate of what I can only assume is tealeafing.

r1_pete

posted on 18/12/09 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
parcel2go, Royal Mail / Parcelforce not worth bothering with anymore.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 18/12/09 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

That is exactly it. The government dont want them anymore and cant privatise yet.

As for stuff going missing. Its the agency staff they employ. Theyr not vetted or anything. When the last strikes were on the agency staff they got in 70% they got rid of for nicking stuff. To be a proper postman you have to go through alsorts of tests and security stuff to get the job. Agency dont.

Iv sent and recieved loads of stuff this year and iv had 1 thing disappear which was to big_wasa through royal mail, and 1 damaged which was sent through DHL via parcel2go which has made it a right arse to sort out the compensation 3 months so far and still not sorted..

Royal mails not that bad.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Talon Motorsport

posted on 18/12/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Royal mail and Parcel force are two different delivery services. They both have the same parent company but thats where it ends. If you send any thing through parcel force get it collected by them by their drivers. if you take it to a post office ie royal mail it'll sit at royal sorting depot till parcel force comes to collect all their missing parcels every 3 weeks!!!!! I know this from personal experiance I used to work at Chelmsford sorting office. best advive go to interparcel.com and find a better and cheaper service.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.