Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Checklist somewhere?
zakeen

posted on 27/12/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
BEC Checklist somewhere?

I want to build a BEC. Is there a checklist somewhere of all the parts I need to think about before I start? Just to get the cost and everything sorted out first?
Dangle_kt

posted on 27/12/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
steve higgnet or worx put a post up a while back, if you search
hicost blade

posted on 27/12/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
endless..........................................
StevieB

posted on 27/12/09 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
This is my list - not exhaustive as I didn't keep up with it towards the end and there's a few little bits here and there I bought to get finished.

Being sad (and a project/comercial manager by profession), I kept an MS Project programme, a bill of quanities and a cost/value reconciliation for the whole build...

Steve Hignett

posted on 27/12/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
cec to bec list

[Edited on 27/12/09 by Steve Hignett]

Richard Quinn

posted on 27/12/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
This is my list - not exhaustive as I didn't keep up with it towards the end and there's a few little bits here and there I bought to get finished.

Being sad (and a project/comercial manager by profession), I kept an MS Project programme, a bill of quanities and a cost/value reconciliation for the whole build...
But with a CVR, the value is what the client will be paying you which is hopefully more than the cost. With a kit car that wouldn't work as the value of the finished product is normally less than the sum of the parts. However, my car is of great value to me so I would be able to apply a factor to reflect this (until I come to sell it!)

prawnabie

posted on 27/12/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

HAHA I thought "being sad" was your checklist lol

StevieB

posted on 27/12/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:

But with a CVR, the value is what the client will be paying you which is hopefully more than the cost. With a kit car that wouldn't work as the value of the finished product is normally less than the sum of the parts. However, my car is of great value to me so I would be able to apply a factor to reflect this (until I come to sell it!)

Yep - and in this case my value was a fixed price, which was a perceived value I could sell the car at upon completion.

Mainly, I think I pretty much lost out by about 15% (not entirely unexpected), but I'll know for certain in the new year when I sell the Indy

I do think that I could do the build again and break even on it though as a lot of my costs were for things that I then changed my mind about.

zakeen

posted on 28/12/09 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
perfect, thanks for all the input. Lots of things I never thought of.
franky

posted on 28/12/09 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm selling an unfinished project if you're interested, huge saving on buying new! Oh its got a hayabusa engine too
aitch

posted on 28/12/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I'm selling an unfinished project if you're interested, huge saving on buying new! Oh its got a hayabusa engine too

any pic / info and how much

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 28/12/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
U2u me your email and i'll get the info sent over when i'm back home later.
franky

posted on 28/12/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
U2u me your email and i'll get the info sent over when i'm back home later.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.