Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help Wanted:- Washer/Dryer not spinning at end
Steve Hignett

posted on 16/1/10 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Help Wanted:- Washer/Dryer not spinning at end

Hi All,

Our washing machine dryer has not been working properly this last week.

We are not in a financial position to buy a new one and won't be for a very long time, so does anyone have any advice for me please?

It is not spinning whilst on it's spin part of the cycle and is also not draining the drum of the water either...

It is a:- Candy Aquaviva 1300 Washer/Dryer

Cheers All!

Steve

AndyLockwood

posted on 16/1/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
try cheching the machines filter if its blocked it cant drain and then cant spin iv had similar problems in the past. filters are normally located under a cover near the bottom front or rear of the machine.

best of luck

Andy

smart51

posted on 16/1/10 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Filter is my first thought too. Have a bucket or something else to catch the water ready. Some old towels to mop up the mess too. The machine is probably full of hair and goo, or perhaps string or wool or paper mush. It will be slimy and stink but once clear, your machine may just spring back into life. Under wires are a common cause too.

splitrivet

posted on 16/1/10 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Probably a jammed pump or filter ours normally does it once a year, pockets not being emptied is normally the cause.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Steve G

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for a blocked filter. Probably down near the bottom of the machine behind an access panel
turbodisplay

posted on 16/1/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
carbon brushes for motor, fail quite often.
New brushes are between 10 - 20 quid, less from ebay.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 16/1/10 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Front of the machine Pants - left bottom corner Pants as others have said.

White panel clips off and underneath is a handle for the filter. There's a small grub screw to undo to prevent it being undone accidently. Rotate it and then pull it away from the machine. There will be water in it but it's too low to catch. Let Rowdy hoover it up!

My bet is a 5p lodged in the filter possibly 20p and some other crap. Still a 5p bet though....

austin man

posted on 16/1/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem, mine was caused by the pump, the impellor had become detached. fitted new pum and all is well. Could have probably repaired the old one with araldite or similar.

I doo agree that in most cases its a bunged up filter. You dont mention that youve cleaned it so I suspect you didnt know it had one

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Steve Hignett

posted on 17/1/10 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
A HUGE thanks to all!!!

I removed a 1 penny coin, a lolly pop stick and a collar stiffener along with a bit of fluff and stuff...

Stuck it on a spin cycle whilst empty and it did indeed spin up and empty the drum...

Cheers again peeps!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.