Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT-Piece of land
philw

posted on 16/1/10 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
OT-Piece of land

Long story but will keep it short, about 8 years ago i bought half of the neighbours garden but never got round to registering it with the land registry, duh!, anyway 12 months ago the house was repossessed and the house was put on the market, they then realised that the garden was half the length it should be a firm of solicitors contacted me re-garden asking for documentation(reciept etc)which i supplied, this was last june, the house was quickly taken off the market whilst they sorted out the problem, i have heard nothing at all from them then this week i notice the house is back on the market, cash buyers only, now my question if somebody buys it 'as is' is that it, or will they be able to claim it back.

ps: not a short as i thought

Must try harder

JoelP

posted on 16/1/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
think you need to fence and maintain it to prevent the new residents doing the same.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

miikae

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
As already said above plus speak to your local CAB or your solicitor to be on the safe side, at the very least it will put your mind at rest.

Mike

[Edited on 16-1-2010 by miikae]

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve G

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I think i'd be making sure your new land is registered properly as soon as possible now myself - just in case they do try to claim it back.

link

philw

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
I think i'd be making sure your new land is registered properly as soon as possible now myself - just in case they do try to claim it back.

link

Tried that but i need to find the previous owner and nobody knows where he is.

Must try harder

philw

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by miikae
As already said above plus speak to your local CAB or your solicitor to be on the safe side, at the very least it will put your mind at rest.

Mike

[Edited on 16-1-2010 by miikae]

It's been fenced off properly for years, legally they can't just take it back, i was hoping someone on here might know a solicitor, i guess i wil have to wait untill Monday

Must try harder

Puzzled

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Piece of land

Nothing to worry about. You have informed the solicitor acting on behalf of the vendor that you own the piece of land in question.The solicitor MUST notify any intrested party of the situation. The fact that the agent is looking for a "cash" purchaser means that they know that a financial institute would run a mile from this situation. I sniff a good deal here.!!!. You are in a strong position to get the rest of this property at a great discounted price should you wish to put in a bid .. Best of luck !!!!
andrewcutchey

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Was it the previous owners land to sell? Or was the property still mortgaged? looks to me if the house was repossessed then it was not all his house/land and so he probably did not have the right to sell it!
philw

posted on 16/1/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
Nothing to worry about. You have informed the solicitor acting on behalf of the vendor that you own the piece of land in question.The solicitor MUST notify any intrested party of the situation. The fact that the agent is looking for a "cash" purchaser means that they know that a financial institute would run a mile from this situation. I sniff a good deal here.!!!. You are in a strong position to get the rest of this property at a great discounted price should you wish to put in a bid .. Best of luck !!!!

Bad timing for me to put in a bid, i think they already have an interested party, i will talk to a solicitor to find out where i stand.

Must try harder

philw

posted on 16/1/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrewcutchey
Was it the previous owners land to sell? Or was the property still mortgaged? looks to me if the house was repossessed then it was not all his house/land and so he probably did not have the right to sell it!

I see what you are saying and yes it was mortgaged, but if this is the case then surely they would have said straight away that i'm not entitled to the land, that way it could be fenced back off and would be easier to sell as a mortgageable property

Must try harder

Puzzled

posted on 16/1/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
You ARE entitled to the land. I presume you had a proper contract with the previous owner. If you have receipts etc proving you bought it then there is no problem.The fact that the land is not registered to you does"nt dispell your right to it.A mortgage company dont own the property, they obviously have an "interest in it", this doesn"t effect your right to sell any portion of the land. The mortgage is usually on the building only, except in commercial or agricultural circumstances.
rgrs

posted on 16/1/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
There is also law of statues, if you can prove that the boundry was moved over 7 years ago, then the land is yours.

Talk to CAB or a decent solicitor, should be easy enough to clear up.

Roger

RK

posted on 17/1/10 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
There might be an interested party, but nothing is settled yet, so you have nothing to lose talking to them about an offer if this falls through. Half the time, people don't really have the money they hope they do, and offers fall.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.