Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans 2010
jos

posted on 16/2/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Le Mans 2010

Not very locost I know but has anyone done Le Mans before and which are the campsites to aim for and which to avoid.

Also did anybody get grandstand tickets??

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Steve G

posted on 16/2/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I enjoyed it on Houx Annexe - few years back though!!

link

Toprivetguns

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Buy tickets online before you go. If you turn up you can't pay at some of the popular sites.

I recommend staying in camp blue. Its close to the track, Arnage (little village with nice pubs and restraunts) and close to the supermarket.

Avoid camp yellow. Its a massive walk to the granstand, however close to the mulsanne and porchse curves.

As a first time camp blue definetly. Ive been four times and not been disapointed

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
My big sis has just bought a house down the road from Le Mans!

I've already booked my accommodation!

It's Evolution Baby!

StrikerChris

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
houx annex for me but it can get abit wild!alternatively houx is just next door and fairly well behaved.been to karting nord in the past,seemed abit far out of the way for me.lemans town on erm "mad" friday for a couple of beers is always a must for us too,even if they are pricey the tram is ideal(and free to cheeky brits).oh and apparently there's a race on at some point.shame there'll be no gut wrenching chest vibrating corvette thunder this year
Ps i've booked through travel destinations for the last 10 years.you may get it cheaper but they know every inch of lemans,have a direct uk number over the weekend should you have a problem which fortunately we never have(bar self inflicted injuries and driving home on thread bare tyres with slipping clutches!)

[Edited on 16/2/10 by StrikerChris]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DM

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I thought grandstand tickets were worth the extra spend

will probably go with 1st-tickets/pistonheads again this year as they did a good job for us last time

TimEllershaw

posted on 16/2/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
A good guide here : Beer Mountain

I'm too lazy these days, so going catered camping with these caps : Club Valan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tommyab

posted on 16/2/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
It's great fun.

Stayed in besajour (sp?) last time so was about 30mins walk from anything interesting.

Staying at blue sud (dont know spelling again) this year which is much closer to grandstands.

Will be driving the indy down - if its ready and IVA'd in time - gives me a nice deadline to aim for!

You can also get the race tickets on the day, or when you get down there - about 40Euro i seem to remember. Dont know about grandstand cost, but we got in the grandstand at the start/finish line on the Sunday morning as hardly anyone was there.

tom

[Edited on 16/2/10 by tommyab]

ash_hammond

posted on 16/2/10 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Jos

Call me - got contacts

-- Ash

or email me.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

greenwood03

posted on 17/2/10 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
i'd suggest that you join the ACO - the organizers - assuming there's a few of you the benefits are well worth it: i think the cost was E100 per member. But if you then buy your entrance tickets on the gate showing your membership you get i believe ( you'll need to check ) e15 off each ticket + up to 3 more tickets for your pals. Additionally you get free entrance to the ACO lounge/bar which as a private viewing area, and your pals can get reduced entrance to that for e15 covering the whole weekend. if you buy 1 membership and recommend a pal you get e20 fuel voucher, trhey also do a good deal on recovery. Have to say i thought it a brilliant deal last yr.

have stayed at Nord with Airtrack - awesome facilities, crazy expensive! 1st tickets last yr on Blue, reasonablt priced considering proper 24 hr security, marquee/beer/team talk/elec points + decent loos/showers.

have never taken a car, always loaded up a van, last yr took pushbikes and that was superb, getting round the track on the thurs/friday and into Mulsanne + arnage for beers. Reading the post above hadnt realised that there's no 'vettes this year, thats a tragedy, they'll be whistling like scalextric cars soon! We're off to the Nurburgring 24gt - 1st time, i'm sure diff to le mans in all ways!

have fun chaps

speed8

posted on 17/2/10 at 01:42 AM Reply With Quote
We usually stay in Houx and we always get grandstand tickets as it's nice to have somewhere decent to sit for the start/end and during any rain, etc.
We tried Houx Annexe but couldn't be ar5ed with the potential for damage to the cars. We came back one night to fireworks on the cars and shit draped over them and our gazeebo was on top of one of the cars. With most of the group in TVR's the fireworks thing was a bit off putting and I've already had a £3k respray bill in the past for some idiots mindless damage so we went back to Houx which is a bit quieter but at least we have leccy and guaranteed pitches.

vinny1275

posted on 17/2/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I've booked with 1st-tickets (is my first year as well), and got a large pitch in Karting Nord for 6 of us. Brian has been really helpful so far, and they were well recommended by the guys at beermountain. I can't wait!

donn006

posted on 5/3/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
le man

im going for the first time never driven abroad before or even camped out so shoud be an experiance {bricking it realy}

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.