Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: COC (certificate of conformity)
tapkutez

posted on 23/2/10 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
COC (certificate of conformity)

Hi, I am interested to buy some Lotus 7 type kit car, but to register it I need to get COC (certificate of conformity) paper, is it needed in UK when registering car? maybe you know what papers are giving Westfield, Mk Indy, with their kits, to help to register car? Thanks.
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ashg

posted on 23/2/10 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
what country are you trying to register the car in? there could be someone on here that is from your country that can help you.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

tapkutez

posted on 23/2/10 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
I want to get papers in Germany, is there someone from Germany?
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Puzzled

posted on 24/2/10 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
If the car was previously registered in an E U state,thereis no need for a COC.I have just gone through this process in Ireland and the rules are based on EU legislation NOT on each individual state.

Cant do links, but if you Google

EUR LEX 31996y0513(01)-EN
EUR LEX 3199L0037

These documents are essential in dealing with importing a Kit Car between EU states.

l0rd

posted on 24/2/10 at 05:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
If the car was previously registered in an E U state,thereis no need for a COC.I have just gone through this process in Ireland and the rules are based on EU legislation NOT on each individual state.

EUR LEX 3199L0037

These documents are essential in dealing with importing a Kit Car between EU states.

??????

are you sure?

matt_claydon

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
If it's built from a kit there are no papers from the kit supplier, as the manufacturer of the car is the person who built it.

Caterham and Westfield can supply CoCs with their factory built EC Small Series Type-Approved models.

[Edited on 24/2/10 by matt_claydon]

tapkutez

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

EUR LEX 3199L0037

It seems to be interesting document, I will read it later and try to understand everything, but as I ask in some registration offices they all said that then importing new car from another EU country you need COC or if you dont have it a full technical inspection is needed....

[Edited on 24/2/10 by tapkutez]

l0rd

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tapkutez
It seems to be interesting document, I will read it later and try to understand everything, but as I ask in some registration offices they all said that then importing new car from another EU country you need COC or if you dont have it a full technical inspection is needed....

quote:

EUR LEX 3199L0037

I would be very worried. I started by thinking that i could build it here in UK and then just import it in Greece.

I was put off several things with the legislation, that i gave up.

I am now looking in finding the legislation in Greece about classic cars and how to import one. The downside of it, is I might have to drive it only on classic car rally days.

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
In Portugal, You'll need the CoC for emissions certification only.
A full test is always carried.
In case of absense of CoC - like in old cars - emisions will be read in Co% and then converted to CO g/km through a VERY stupid formula.
This will then be used to calculate tax - in Portugal, my R1 engined car would pay +/- 8000 euros... guess why I still have a uk plate?!

designer

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
My mate re-registered a Nissan Micra in France (from UK).

Even though the Micra can be bought in France, he still had to get a C of C from Nissan and it cost him £120 for a copy.

The general consensus is that it is almost impossible to re-register a kit car in Europe.

I keep mine legal by regular day trips to the UK, this keeps me covered by insurance and clear of the re-registering laws of France.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
My mate re-registered a Nissan Micra in France (from UK).

Even though the Micra can be bought in France, he still had to get a C of C from Nissan and it cost him £120 for a copy.

The general consensus is that it is almost impossible to re-register a kit car in Europe.

I keep mine legal by regular day trips to the UK, this keeps me covered by insurance and clear of the re-registering laws of France.

Yes, but doesn't the insurance say that you can only have 90 days of European cover?
How did you manage to get insurance if you live abroad? Where do you have the car registered?

designer

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
My car is UK registered and insured, at my house in Leeds.

I talked to my insurance company after trying to find insurance over here. It does cost but it is a must have.

I have a maximum, single, stay of 60 days, and with my regular trips across to Uk the term starts again.

Registration is covered by that too. I never reach the French re-registering time of 90 consecutive days.

If I could have got French insurance I would only have to drive the car out of France, get a letter stamped at the border, or by the Police, and start my 90 days again for re-registering.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stott

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I think I saw you last year possibly on my way home from disneyland paris, how many other RHs can there be on UK plates in france?, lots perhaps, I dunno..

See: ORIGINAL POST

macspeedy

posted on 6/8/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
How do you go about getting one of these COC's

Mac.

t.j.

posted on 6/8/10 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hold on ....

The vehicles can be approved 3 ways:
With:
- EC-typeapproval
- EC-Small Series
- National Small Series
- Individual approval.

The vehicles which have a type approval come with a COC. In that case you can easily register the car everywhere in Europe.

If you have a Individual Approval or National Small Series you can register the car easily in the country which approved the car.

If the vehicle is registered in an another country AND all the data is availble on this document (incl. the EC type approval) then no worries there.

In all the other cases the approval must be accepted BUT it can be necessary to have additional tests.

You can read it here:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:068:0015:0024:en:pDF

especially point 3.3.2. and 3.5.2.

in german:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:068:0015:0024:de:pDF

[Edited on 6/8/10 by t.j.]

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

dogwood

posted on 6/8/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about Germany, but in France you cant get a car registered without a CoC.
You can't get a CoC for a kit car.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

JF

posted on 8/8/10 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
Doesn't seem to be all that hard over here in the Netherlands. Don't if other kit suppliers do, but atleast DAX offers registration service over here. When you order a kit you can collect it in Belgium instead of having to cross the channel. Once build you take it back to Belgium and they take it to the UK for sva/iva/registration etc. You can collect it once more in Belgium take it home and arrange the official import with the RDW (dutch vosa).

From what I understand it's just some paperwork, some tax to pay and have fun.

But then again, I haven't had the pleasure myself. So it might be harder then I've been told.

t.j.

posted on 8/8/10 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JF
Doesn't seem to be all that hard over here in the Netherlands. Don't if other kit suppliers do, but atleast DAX offers registration service over here. When you order a kit you can collect it in Belgium instead of having to cross the channel. Once build you take it back to Belgium and they take it to the UK for sva/iva/registration etc. You can collect it once more in Belgium take it home and arrange the official import with the RDW (dutch vosa).

From what I understand it's just some paperwork, some tax to pay and have fun.

But then again, I haven't had the pleasure myself. So it might be harder then I've been told.

It's harder to register a UK-car with IVA/SVA in NL due regulation-changes last year.

But the question is not NL but Germany....
I think they are much strickly then UK/NL.
So anyone?

BTW: why don't you buy a German kitcar?
example:
http://www.vm-77.de/
http://www.irmscher7.de/
http://www.hkt-7.de/
i'm sure they can deliver with the approval for Germay

[Edited on 8/8/10 by t.j.]

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

JF

posted on 8/8/10 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t.j.

It's harder to register a UK-car with IVA/SVA in NL due regulation-changes last year.

Yeah why would they ever make anything easier....

It would be interesting to see how the invidual tests in NL develop.

But yes you are right, the question was about Germany, but after so many "it's impossible forget it" comments....

t.j.

posted on 8/8/10 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JF
quote:
Originally posted by t.j.

Yeah why would they ever make anything easier....

It would be interesting to see how the invidual tests in NL develop.

But yes you are right, the question was about Germany, but after so many "it's impossible forget it" comments....

I think at the end all work out fine.
I'm sure Europe will harmonise everything.

It's hard to understand living in ONE Europe, that a car approved in one country in an another not is approved.

The only argument could be that the countries and streets differ a lot. Or that the first approval is to easy...

So let's harmonise.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.