Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Loom misery.
Coopz

posted on 7/3/10 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Loom misery.

I managed to melt one of the wires out of the earth wires i think out of the ignition or starter relay not sure I walked out the garage now! I connected my ignition two way switch to term 85 on starter relay and term 85 on ignition relay. turned on nothing then if i put the term 85 on ignition relay to positive starter relay clicked where am I going wrong? I want to prime the ignition with 2 way switch and start her with savage start button.
barbarianbeast

posted on 7/3/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
this build log massively helped me during my build and a blown up copy of the yamaha service manual wiring diagram.

http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/design/engine/electrics.html

im not sure whats happened with your earth, but the r1 has a two pole ignition, you need to short 2 wires so you can use the sierra barrel.
the start switch is a dead simple wire which switches to ground.
hope that helps in some way

mad-butcher

posted on 10/3/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Are you running all the original R1 relays, what year, carbed or injection,
for start button on my 4xv I just extended the original black start button wire off start relay (the big one) and ran the other side to earth

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.