Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: top 10 things for car companys?
Kwik

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
top 10 things for car companys?

what are the top 10 most important things to you in a car company, apart from you wanting the car?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
The product itself is 60%..... the other 40% is service... I want the company to look after me from the moment I enter their show room, right up until the moment I sell the car on in 10 years time..

I want parts to be available, I dont want to be wripped off and I want the dealer to give a shite about me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

speedyxjs

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have turned down many cars in the past due to very poor customer service.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

tomprescott

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Never been in the market for a new car but whenever I've bought second hand cars my judgment has been based on the availability and cost of replacement parts, the brands reputation for reliability, and how well the car will hold its value - I've never been a car snob, I will drive anything if it performs well enough (that said, a cars depreciation is often relative to public opinion and snobbery).
mcerd1

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
The product itself is 60%..... the other 40% is service... I want the company to look after me from the moment I enter their show room, right up until the moment I sell the car on in 10 years time..

I want parts to be available, I dont want to be wripped off and I want the dealer to give a shite about me...

I'd agree with that, but I want parts to be cheap(ish) and avalible for at least 25 years

depreciation never bothers me much - all of my cars are well past the worst of that before I get them

[Edited on 9/3/10 by mcerd1]

-

mookaloid

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
the car has to have style and character for me - that's why I drive an Alfa Romeo

Little luxuries like reliability and good dealer support are sometimes far off dreams for me - but I don't care because it's an Alfa

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

r1_pete

posted on 9/3/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I really like something different to the run of the mill, thats why I run an L200 Warrior as a private car.

Dealer service is important, my worse experience was with Mercedes, didn't want to know me because I was in jeans and a suede jacket, my £26K went to Lexus instead on a Limited edition IS300.

Wife still has it, service is excellent, relliability excellent, its subtly different, but very thirsty.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rickys2000

posted on 9/3/10 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
I am on my 4th Jag now and that is pretty much down to being good cars and the customer service I receive from my local dealer.
So for me it is also 60% car and 40% service.....

fesycresy

posted on 9/3/10 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
It must be a fanny magnet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

graememk

posted on 9/3/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
lol losers

mine cost £250 and i can race it..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.