Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thanks
Sprytny

posted on 10/3/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Thanks for all your advice and sorry to offend anyone.

I have tried other forums with no joy!I was actually thinking of building my own Locost but perhaps in the form of a motorcycle/ tricyle. I am looking on ebay currently for the donar at a reasonable price. I don't know if this is classed as a locost, but it does tick some of the boxes.

Anyway, the 'vehicle' in question has always had a thing where if not started for a couple of days, it would take about 10 kicks of the kick starter to enable it to start. In normal circumstances, it starts on the button/ kick with no problems at all. I really can't see how I can diagnose this problem, or whether it is just part of the vehicle.

How can I get the carb to run better: is it a case of WD40 to lubricate some of the parts or trying to get the fuel pump to pump harder on initial start up.

Thanks again.

boggle

posted on 10/3/10 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
blackjack do a great 3 wheeler kit car...

im currently working with richard oakes on a turbocharged guzzy engine....

maybe worth a look at what he has to offer???

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

02GF74

posted on 10/3/10 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
do we get any clues on the make/model of this vehcile (scooter)?

does it really have a fuel pump?

has it done this from new? or if you didn;t buy from new, since from when you had it? or is this a recently developed fault?
what conditos are the plugs/leads?
is petrol/oil mixture correct?
do you speak polish?
is carb in good conditions?

do you know the correct sequence for starting a bike?

roughly - turn on the fuel tap - tank is above engine so let the carbs fill up with fuel for about a minute.

trun engine on kick start until you feel compression. then give it one big kick, opening the throttle at same time.

works for my Z1000 A1.

note: as I said earlier, this is for a bike, dunno how much of that is applicable to a scooter.

D Beddows

posted on 10/3/10 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sigh........... sorry Sprytny lots of us ARE willing to help rather than just try and take the p*ss

[Edited on 10/3/10 by D Beddows]

boggle

posted on 10/3/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
im not taking the piss.....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

tomprescott

posted on 10/3/10 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
As far as my experience with bikes go (limited) leaving a carb'd bike unstarted for a day or two makes it more difficult to start as the fuel in the carbs starts to dry out, becomes gummy and eventually lacquers in the carb, blocking jets. Spray some carb cleaner through the airbox while trying to start it and see if that helps.

As for three wheelers, which way round and what style? Trike or car based, if car based then do a search for lomax (based on citreon 2cvs i think) or grimmal (sp) scorpion which is based on a bmw nike (i think).

Sprytny

posted on 10/3/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your reply.

Qu: Has it done this from new? or if you didn;t buy from new, since from when you had it?
Ans: It has been doing it since new. I know from online forums others have had similar problems but no cure has been given to this problem.

Qu: What conditons are the plugs/leads?
is petrol/oil mixture correct?
Ans. plug/ leads fine. mixture fine. I changed the leads and plugs and the same problem is there. It only occurs when starting it after being laid up for a few days.

Qu: is carb in good conditions?
Ans: Yes. It has been doing this since new and it has a low mileage

Qu: do you know the correct sequence for starting a bike?
Ans: yes. I start is as per what the manual advices.

Q. roughly - turn on the fuel tap - tank is above engine so let the carbs fill up with fuel for about a minute.

Turn engine on kick start until you feel compression. then give it one big kick, opening the throttle at same time.
A. I already do this. It has no fuel tap so that doesn't help...

I have tried carb cleaning the carb via the air box again without any improvement.

Sprytny

posted on 13/3/10 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Suspension squeek

My suspension is starting to make a creaking noise whenever compressed. What can cause this: this noise goes aways once stood strangely enough, but it comes back once it is ridden. Any idea?
ReMan

posted on 14/3/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Crack out the WD40 and squirt everything on the suspension

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.