Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What cars have good uprights/spindles?
Miller

posted on 3/5/04 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
What cars have good uprights/spindles?

Ok im makin a double a-arm suspension and since I can use any upright almost I want to get a quality one. Im not sure on all the qualitys in a good upright, but here are a few.

1. Lots of Wheel choies
2. Good breaks stock or lots of aftermarket.
3. Rear steer (im using rear steer in my setup) rear steer as in relation to the spindle (the arm is facing the back of the car)
4. Double A-arm friendly pickup points.

So any upright suggestions from cars. I was thinkin fiero or rx7. Oh I live in the states so take that into consideration. Thanks alot.

[Edited on 28/5/04 by Miller]

Alan B

posted on 8/5/04 at 02:45 AM Reply With Quote
I believe the Fiero is the same as the Chevette (US)...also S10 are popular.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
violentblue

posted on 22/5/04 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
toyota supra
porsche 928 (realitivly cheap as far as porsches go)

a few pics of my other projects

crbrlfrost

posted on 22/5/04 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Umm, sorry, but I have to ask why you want to use rear wheel steering. Kind of concerns me and all. Are you going for a passive or an active system? The reason I'm asking is that many manufacturers and racing teams alike have tried it in the past with mixed, but mostly bad, results. Technically it should be a good thing, but every report I've read, (and I have driven a small formula with 4 wheel steer) it is quite disconcerting at higher speeds and on the limits. Lets face it, most everyone drives on the limit with a confidence in what the rear will do (stick hopefully, or merrily power oversteer when needed). But, best of luck to you whichever way you go. Cheers!
Miller

posted on 28/5/04 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Im not talking about the rear wheels steering. Im talking about the steering arm being on the backside of the spindle facing the rear of the car as opposed to the steering arm being in front of the spindle.
britishtrident

posted on 30/5/04 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Trumph GT6 steering arms can be fitted to suit the rack fitted in front or behind the front axle cl.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.