Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Will my ZX12 indy beat my mates Impreza P1 to 60?
eznfrank

posted on 1/4/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Will my ZX12 indy beat my mates Impreza P1 to 60?

OK, so I appreciate this is pub banter but my mate took me out in his Impreza P1 last night and to put it bluntly it's as fast as anything I've ever been in before.

I've driven MK's GSXR Heron car and been a passenger in another of MK's Gixxers but both times were in really crappy conditions - ice, rain, damp and even snow!!

So, I;ve never been in a BEC 7 in good conditions and just find it hard to get my head round the fact that mine could be the best part of a second quicker to 60?!?!?

boggle

posted on 1/4/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
the p1 is slooooooooooow

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/4/10 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
you will be laughing your head off the first time you get to use one in anger.

That said a passenger makes a HUGE difference in a bec - any weight is BAD news.

I see no reason why you shouldn't beat him to 60, but it will be close - 4.7 seconds is the time on paper - say that makes a real world 5 and a bit, you should beat him if you can get the power down without smoking the tyres.

be fun trying wont it!

nitram38

posted on 1/4/10 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I think you will beat him in the cost of insurance race!

iank

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
It should, if you've built light and can get the power down.

But even if not then yours should 'feel' faster. Nothing like having your bum 6inches off the road to feel fast.

As nitram says you'll probably be paying 1/5th to 1/10th of his insurance.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

twybrow

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect it would be very close, and he would pull away much above 60. Plus, on the twisties, a P1 is quite a weapon... Would be an interesting experiment!
Liam

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
As Scotty would say, "Ye canna' change the laws of physics". All that power and four-wheel-drivedness probably wont get all that lard moving quicker than your BEC. Probably be close, and beware if he wants to race you in the rain!

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
You'll toast him... provided you get it off the line ok. Rolling start and he'll be left behind and you'll have him every time under braking.
2 up it'll be close but you'll still be quicker under braking and in the bends.

Down side is you have to ignore 99% of the Scooby/Impreza brigade on the road who'll want to race. It gets far too quick for the road.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

rf900rush

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
My Dax Rush was doing 0-60 in 5 seconds.
And I never had it runnig right.

Now I have a ZX12R in it still not Mapped/tune fully yet but way more power.
O-40 won't be much quicker due to traction.

Well setup with some abuse may do 4 seconds.
I just don't like recking the clutch to prove it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 1/4/10 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
i reckon his will be faster (but very close) to 60, but yours may take corners better

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

boggle

posted on 1/4/10 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
the standard impreza p1 was shit....

i have yet to see a standard p1 do 0-60 in less than 6 secs....

all it was was a tame version of the type r.......

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ReMan

posted on 1/4/10 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
The Indyblade does less than 5 with 17st of me in it.
You should pi55 it!

Moorron

posted on 1/4/10 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
yeh i would also say you would kill him in a zx12 kitcar.

Ive been up against a few sporty cars and nothing has got close, a crazy friend has a BMW330ci which i thought was fast but he said himself that he couldnt get close to me and he was ragging his car to death, i wasnt even revving past 9000 rpm.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

phelpsa

posted on 1/4/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle

Our '07 STi will pull 0-60 in a little over 5secs, repeatedly with ease on RE070s! I can't see a P1 struggling considering its just as powerful and a fair amount lighter... Even our old 225bhp WRX was timed at under 6 seconds!

A1

posted on 1/4/10 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
the p1 will start to catch later on maybe...id be surprised if he could beat you though. just go easy off the line and get it rolling then floor it...
twybrow

posted on 1/4/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

How on earth was it shit? It is generally considered to be one of the best UK versions. My standard '98 UK turbo wagon did the 60 dash in a times 5.5s, so I have no idea who was driving the P1s that couldn't get below 6s....

Ivan

posted on 1/4/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think you will be left behind up to 30 mph if he knows how to get the most out of his Subbie off the line and doesn't bog down - then from 30 to 60 you should smoke him.
richardh

posted on 1/4/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
my old mnr R1 blew away a 911 carrera2 off the mark and til about 70 ish then he had me.
silimar with an evo9

still, it was good fun and an eye opener.

Time for a change!

Wadders

posted on 1/4/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Seen off plenty of scoobies at the drag strip, with only 899cc's to fight with
Only the ones with thousands spent under the bonnet and 400+ HP are a problem.
In the dry you should toast him no problem.

Al.

boggle

posted on 1/4/10 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:

How on earth was it shit? It is generally considered to be one of the best UK versions. My standard '98 UK turbo wagon did the 60 dash in a times 5.5s, so I have no idea who was driving the P1s that couldn't get below 6s....

exactly...

it was a uk version....i raced against many up at the pod and never found one quicker than the type r.....the type r was 300hp out of the box, had the same ratios as the ra except for 5th as well as an ic spray and vf 24 turbo.....it also had a rear lsd and center locking diff....

the p1 had less power and was heavyer...

u2u me for details

TigerB6 Paul

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Having owned an Impreza and having had a mate with a 350bhp P1 - it shouldn't even be close so long as you have some tyres capable of getting the power down. The Scooby club couldnt keep up with my 175bhp Zetec car cross country so no chance against a BEC with ZX12R if driven correctly!!
twybrow

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:

exactly...

it was a uk version....i raced against many up at the pod and never found one quicker than the type r.....the type r was 300hp out of the box, had the same ratios as the ra except for 5th as well as an ic spray and vf 24 turbo.....it also had a rear lsd and center locking diff....

the p1 had less power and was heavyer...

But still not a poo car, just one not quite as fast as a Type-R, which isn't quite as fast as a Zx12r powered 7. City Rover - now there's a poo car..... Oh, and all Turbo Scoobs had a rear LSD, but the type R had a variable centre diff as well!

Steve Hignett

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12 KC should pee it really.

I think every story like this (pub banter or not) comes down to a couple simple things - Tyres (setup hopefully correct) and driver...........

imp paul

posted on 1/4/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
zx12r also called a busa basha so a p1 is no problem bye bye scooby doo lead balloon you should see him in the weeds
PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/4/10 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
There would not be alot in it against a P1,but the ZX12 should just have it,I say 0.5 seconds to 60mph,and 1 second quicker over the 1/4 mile,with good sticky tyres and the tricky but crucial good launch with the BEC.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.