Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: forgot to mot my van
thunderace

posted on 4/4/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
forgot to mot my van

i lost my paperwork and spare key for my van and just found it today the mot ran out on the 15 jan ,i dont know what to do about it ,it is stll taxed and insured ,can i get done for it ? im not going to use it till its moted ,but the police have been behind me loads over the last 8 weeks and did not pull me.(inc,motorway police)
eddie99

posted on 4/4/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just get it mot'ed ASAP, and hope that you don't get a letter in the post i guess!
Im not sure if the police computer shows up MOT, might just do tax and insurance!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoelP

posted on 4/4/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
you should have no bother. I failed to produce a mot once and only got a letter about it asking me to be more careful, and i also wrote off a car with no mot and still got paid out. Just get it tested and carry on as usual.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

DavidM

posted on 4/4/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just get it MOT'd it'll be no problem. If the police were going to do anything they'd have stopped you. I don't believe they do penalties through the post for MOT. If you get stopped it's usually £30 fixed penalty with no points as long as you are taxed, insured and the vehicle hasn't got bald tyres or anything.

David

Proportion is Everything

thunderace

posted on 4/4/10 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys
will get it asap

Simon

posted on 4/4/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Had similar experience with wife's car. Been pestering her to find out when MOT expires (this was mid Feb), she couldn't find mot so eventually I looked it up online.

It expired in July last year

Phoned garage, er when can you do an mot.....

ATB

Simon

Danozeman

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Just get it mot'd asap mate and dont worry about it. If it had shown up to the police they would have pulled you there and then.

I did the same myself a couple of years ago. Only noticed as my mate wench asked me why i had no tax. I didnt know. I go by the reminders thriough the post which i hadnt had. 2 months out of tax and 3 months out of mot.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

David Jenkins

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
The biggest problem would be if you were involved in an accident - the insurance company could cause all sorts of hassles if you didn't have a current MOT.

Just go to your favourite MOT station and say that the old one's expired - they won't bat an eyelid.

Stuart_B

posted on 5/4/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
i know someone who said they wife just found the mot for his van and it ran out about 5 months ago, he jsut called an mot station that day and took it there the next day, and it passed and no issues at all.

so just book an mot soon as.

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

ritchunt

posted on 11/4/10 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
no nothing will happen as a mot is technicly valid for the day of test only you are not actually breaking the law by driving without one, if you get a producer ect all you have to do is prove at the time that you got stopd it was road worthy simply by getting a mot asap, its probley the only good law out there i got told this of the vosa inspector that come to give my old man a telling off lol
scootz

posted on 11/4/10 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ritchunt
no nothing will happen as a mot is technicly valid for the day of test only you are not actually breaking the law by driving without one, if you get a producer ect all you have to do is prove at the time that you got stopd it was road worthy simply by getting a mot asap, its probley the only good law out there i got told this of the vosa inspector that come to give my old man a telling off lol

Nonsense... if you get stopped with no MOT, then you will be prosecuted! Where do people get this tripe from?

It's Evolution Baby!

prawnabie

posted on 11/4/10 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
HAHAHA what a load of bull. You WILL get prosecuted and you WILL get the book thrown at you as your insurance will be void too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.