Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Your humble opinions!
antwan

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Your humble opinions!

Morning all, Im in the position of buying another kit. First was a part build I bought cheap, SVA'd, thrashed, big big grins etc etc.
This time it will be my first from scratch. I went to the Detling show yesterday and was really impressed with the guys at MNR and the kit looked very 'sorted'.
Im after a longer distance tourer rather than an ear bleeding bike engine and looked at the Mazda. Plenty of spares, decent power...
Can I ask your views, why did you choose MNR, any issues ......
Thanks in advance

graememk

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
if you want to have a kit for touring buy a westfield.... lots of comfoty bits to add on heater side screens ect ect

antwan

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Arent they a little pricey. I agree they are a very good kit but almost becoming a mass production car now
neilj37

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Have a chat with cerbera on here.

He has just bought my Zetec MNR and is changing it for touring so is going through the same thing as you.

The Mazda based MNR looks good and they make a windscreen so it would be just a matter of getting a hood made, maybe speak to soff bits for sevens.

LBMEFM

posted on 5/4/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
I quite like the MNR, only thing that puts me off is the nose cone, looks like they took the pattern off of a Fordson tractor.
neilj37

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
I quite like the MNR, only thing that puts me off is the nose cone, looks like they took the pattern off of a Fordson tractor.

You don't have to have the race nose, I think you can still ask for the traditional type.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
If I was building a MX5 based Seven,I would be building one of these, l think its better quality, better looking than the MNR,and cheaper,a real trick bit of kit,well worth a look if your in the market for that type of kit

http://www.roadrunnerracing.net/

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=131712

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

eddie99

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
MNR, Westfield (Keep prices, maybe consider a rebuild) or road runner as Paul has said are all ideal i would have thought!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
daniel mason

posted on 5/4/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
where abouts are you antwan?
i am collecting my kit next weekend so feel free to come and take a look! quality is as good as any thing iwould say!

bassett

posted on 5/4/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I personally think the MNR's are very track focused but I am sure anyone with imagination can turn it into a tourer but i would add a bit more into your budget. i cannot imagine the list of potential issues of getting a screen, working wipers/washers,heaters etc in if your considering all that.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM

MNR will make you a race nose cone with no bars per my avatar (look left).

I bought the MNR because of the quality of the chassis, streets ahead of any other I have seen, and all round tube, not a square tube in sight!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 6/4/10 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
MNR will give you peace of mind when you are in trouble - very good customer care.
Also the quality of their stuff is quite good and evolving - they didn't stop in time.
My second kit's chassis was quite different from the first one.

Davey D

posted on 6/4/10 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt buy an MNR as a tourer. one thing ive noticed driving mine is that due to the shape of the scuttle area your outside arm sticks out quite a bit, and your hand can get Very cold/numb

On most of the other 7'esque variants the scuttle is more of a squarer profile compared to the VortX so you outside arm gets more protection from the wind

busakid

posted on 8/4/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
mnr

it depends what you want ,i have had two mnr,s for track and road and they are a very good company to deal with and very good car ie chassis quality and handling
busakid

posted on 9/4/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
mnr kits

read intrest regarding
kit contents,reason i choose my mnr kit,s was the superior content for no extra money,i got included the following must be worth £800
inboard suspension
fuel tank and straps
floor fitted
internal panels
grp tunnel cover
master cylinders
braided hoses
fuel and brake lines to length and flaired
engine cradle
rad mounts
sva reservoir
roll bar to height
all in very good package and excellent value very high quality

eddie99

posted on 9/4/10 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
busakid has a point. You can't compare deluxe prices from one company with another. Some companies deluxe kit offers chassis and bodywork, some companies offer that + fuel tank + brake lines + wiring + lots of bits like that which do make a difference!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.