Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hillclimb near London?
Steve Lovelock

posted on 5/4/10 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hillclimb near London?

Hello,

Thinking of hillclimbing in my Luego but can't seem to find a track anywhere near north London. it would ideally need to be within a few hours drive of where I live.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Steve

scudderfish

posted on 5/4/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/

2hrs 25 from me according to Google, but that sends me up the M1, it looks quicker if you're near the M40

Dave Ashurst

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Try Prescott or Gurston Down?
norfolkluego

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
You'll have more choice looking for sprints in your area, North Weald being the obvious one. have a look at the Borough 19 website and the AEMC and ASEMC championships.
evanschris

posted on 20/4/10 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Haven't you learnt your lesson after flipping that kart back at school!
Mike Wood

posted on 13/4/11 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Probably the closest is Longleat (Wilts) or Loton Park (Shrops). See page 43 of the Blue Book for Speed Venues: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/33-46%20Motor%20Sports%20Venues.pdf

There is the Kop hillclimb, near Princes Risborough, Bucks that has been revived for an annual event for historics, see: www.kophillclimb.org.uk

There used to be a school in Kent that ran a hillclimb. As for London speed venues, the closest would have been Crystal Palace. Apart from North Weald, does SEMSEC still run sprints at Lydden Hill and are there still sprints at Goodwood these days? Brands Hatch and Silverstone used to do sprints many years ago!

Northern Ireland has some great hillclimbs on closed public roads. Scotland, despite all its hills only has two current venues, plus quite a few old ones no longer in use.

Cheers
Mike

Steve Hignett

posted on 14/4/11 at 04:57 AM Reply With Quote
A member of this forum, McLannahan (Michael) lives within 1 or 2 miles of Gurston Down, and I'm sure would love to offer a friendly face and a cup of tea should you venture up there!
snapper

posted on 14/4/11 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
I,m thinking Highgate hill or the climb from the Thames at Greenwich to the observatory.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

McLannahan

posted on 14/4/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
A member of this forum, McLannahan (Michael) lives within 1 or 2 miles of Gurston Down, and I'm sure would love to offer a friendly face and a cup of tea should you venture up there!

That I would! I'll just need to find.....A - someone with a friendly face and B - A cup of tea!

Gurston's a great climb and a nice day out too. Right in the countryside, a nice "local" feeling and not in the least commercial. Everyone can wander round the farm/paddock but it's still very safely and professionaly run.

It is quite a distance from you but it is a bit closer than Longleat. Gurston also offers schooling - would love to have a go myself!

Surrey Dave

posted on 14/4/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sutton Valance

Used to be one at Sutton Valance School , Kent , run by Sevenoaks & District Motor Club......................Loooooooooong time ago....
Mike Wood

posted on 9/5/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
And also a hillclimb at Pestalozzi School near Hastings (which they were trying to revive as an event this year?)

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.