Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: oil filler vent
richwill

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
oil filler vent

Should the vent on the oil filler cap be piped to anywhere or just left to vent to the air . I currently have a tube fixed from it and hanging down into the tunnel area but have been thinking that any oil will be deposited over the engine bay or my nice garage floor. What have people done.
tomprescott

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Err, catch tank?

A bird in the hand....

richwill

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
thought about that but where do the connections go to. i assume it must be on the inlet manifold somewhere.
tomprescott

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Get something like ebay item 190383195554, run a pipe straight from there into a catch tank with a breather on top of the catch tank.

Edit to add: looking at your pictures you already have take-offs on your filler caps, you can either tee them together into a catch tank with breather, or, you can block one. The old school method would be to re-route it into the air filter - but I would recommend a catch tank.

[Edited on 6/4/10 by tomprescott]

A bird in the hand....

prawnabie

posted on 6/4/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Id be more worried about your oil being deposited over then road for the next car to come off on than going over your engine.

Get a simple drinks bottle or similar to catch the oil vapour getting blown out.

Bluemoon

posted on 6/4/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Id be more worried about your oil being deposited over then road for the next car to come off on than going over your engine.

Get a simple drinks bottle or similar to catch the oil vapour getting blown out.

Yep, or just empty coke can (free)... just to stop the drips... Old school would be to just have the pipe sticking out the bottom of the car, that's how it used to be done, until I guess motor bikes became popular...

Dan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.