Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: i feeel sad
boggle

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
i feeel sad

everyone seems to be getting out for drives in this glourious weather, but i feel that im never going to be able to do the same.....

my builds on hold now for a few months as i move and try to rebuild my funds from the deposit.....

feeling a little depressed this morning....

still enjoy the weather whilst its here fellas!!!!

[Edited on 23/4/10 by boggle]

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

coozer

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Cheer up man, its nearly christmas!

Comign to Stoneleigh? Forget the car and get some beer down your neck...

Car or beer?
Car or beer?
Car or beer?
Car or beer?
Car or beer?

BEER!

[Edited on 23/4/10 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Benzine

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hang in thar! My car has been off the road since the end of 2007 and been in a lockup for a year covered in stuff. I'm now finally in a position where I can work on it again, it'll happen

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
i know how you feel mate, my car is so close to being finished too but I bet when it is the summer will have packed up (end of may lol)

Its killing me knowing i could be out driving for a couple of hours every night in weather like this.

I thinks its made worse by the fact I haven't driven a car since september and its my favourite pastime

Craig

TimC

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I can relate too - going to Brands on Sunday to watch:
a. The championship I'm joining.
b. The championship I've left.

whitestu

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Mine's finished and I hardly get to drive it. At least you have an excuse!

I think I drove it 3 times last year. Once so far this.

Can someone remind me why I got married and had 3 kids?

MakeEverything

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Me too, been waiting for parts to arrive for weeks so that i can get cracking!!

Cher up you miserable twat.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

imp paul

posted on 23/4/10 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
keep your chin up pal. some times i feel the same as you. and with no job its very hard my car is just in my nan's garage waiting for more££££. but its tough times you will get there bit by bit just takes a little time. so go grab a large pint in the sun with some mates is always a good thing to put a smile on your face seems to work for me good luck Paul
FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Well what you need is a volunteer who has a driveable car anywhere near you and they can become a new mate and take you out now and then to keep your enthusiasm up and your goal in sight.

I'm out for a blat most days so If there's anyone in the same position within reach of Preston/Chorley, Lancashire and you want to go out for a jolly I'd be only to pleased to take you out for a run

Anyone in need then let me know.

Chris.

r1_pete

posted on 23/4/10 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I know exactly what you mean, I spent 2 years rebuilding and Zetec'ing the MGB, watching people out enjoying their cars, thinking that will be me soon.

Then had the crap summer last year so sold it, bought the e type, but I'm never going to take it off the road, every upgrade and improvement will done on a rolling basis.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alistairolsen

posted on 23/4/10 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I'm nearing the end of a 12 month ban from driving, when I get it back having resat both tests Ill be unlikely to afford to insure anything fun.

Ive got a locost I rarely get to work on which is 100 miles away and I'm being posted in southern England with work for 4 months.

Ill get it finished, insured and enjoy it one day! Just got to keep your chin up and work through.

My Build Thread

Daddylonglegs

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Chin-up Barry

I Know how you feel, I've missed out on a couple of good local club meets/runs and the weather has been tip-top-tastic!

I just need to get my head down and get this jallopy done

Get yourself to the show

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

David Jenkins

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
I got into a similar state, until I went to a show (Newark?) and got a wild ride in Jon Ison's Locost...

...that got me interested again!

40inches

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Know how you feel, coming up 9yrs building the thing, sometimes felt like kicking it into touch, but a Locostbuilders fix usually does it for me
Some kind person made me the last part to get the engine running

Daddylonglegs

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
9 YEARS!?!?

I don't feel quite so bad now

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

40inches

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Long time init? but I don't think I hold the record
In mitigation I lost 18months turning the garage into a "proper" workshop, 12 months fighting Mr C and about 18months through apathy So only 5yrs really

BenB

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Well I'm stuck renovating my house for the foreseeable and the Locost is safely tucked up in the garage on the ITU system (okay, it's actually just an Optimate ) awaiting a day-off that doesn't involve plastering, plumbing or re-wiring so that I can take it for it's MOT and then go razzing up the locality The only good thing for me about the nice weather this weekend is that my tile adhesive will go off quicker and the lack of central heating in our house will be less of a problem....
wilkingj

posted on 23/4/10 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Now you can understand why people put on pictures and Vids of the first start of the engine, and the first run out, etc etc.

They are all a source of inspiration and encouragement for others on the forum.

We have all been there, so DONT give up. You WILL get there... but sometimes it just takes a little longer.
Agreed, its a long and weary path to tread, but the end result is well worth the lonesome and tiresome journey that you will make.

Chin up mate. Look forward, plan small achievable steps (gives you small but regular successes). Work on the car, Little and Often, and it will get done.

The only people who actually WIN, are the ones that DONT GIVE UP!

Eventually you will be driving it about with a grin from ear to ear

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Scotty

posted on 25/4/10 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
hi boggle
want me to pop over ?
perhaps petemate and me might give you some help/ encouragement

i'll u2u as well in case you miss this

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.