Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Drive - 893 Blade
phil_far

posted on 30/4/10 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
First Drive - 893 Blade

So after 10years in the making, I have finally passed the SVA inspection and VRT test (failed the first time). I also got the wheel alignement in place (will set up after I get the plates).

On my way back from the station I pushed the car upto 8000K and also let the end slide a bit as well....Oh boy what an experience...

The engine, brakes, clucth and hand operated gear change performed extremely well the only thing not working is the speedo sensor.

Engine response is awsome especially with the carb/filter set up form Andy. The 4-2-1 desihn seem to be working good as well

Weight is 453kg filled up with all fluid. My chassis is slightly wider/longer than the book chassis

A picture outside my house (first time in March)...yes the road is aweful...since then I have the back cover ready as well....

Will keep you updated onc ei get my plates Rescued attachment Firts Outing 5.JPG
Rescued attachment Firts Outing 5.JPG

Philip

Lightning

posted on 30/4/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
wouldnt have minded looking at that as I was in Malta last summer. I had a Tiger Avon fireblade. good fun isnt it. The roads are not to good from what I saw though

Steve

55ant

posted on 30/4/10 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
wow thats light! also on the subject, what lights are they you have used, very stealthy!

like it a lot.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

phil_far

posted on 30/4/10 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments....

Roads are not that good but have improved a lot lately...the Pope had his fair share due to his scheduled visit a lot of roads were re-surfaced...

Anyone coming to Malta give me a shout...

Lights are from Hella...although they might fial in UK but were ok for our local tester

Philip

dean100yz

posted on 30/4/10 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mines a 918 so very similar although my cars weights not so light!!

Given the lower power of the engine they do go well! Still makes me smile when I take it to the red!

Dangle_kt

posted on 30/4/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I run the same engine. Great fun, and not too much power. House looks great.

I would love to k ow how much those lights were and what model they are? My car is sva'd so not bothered on legallity.

Major Stare

posted on 30/4/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Bike engines are a hoot but they catch you out!

Nice car and well done on passing, just a personal thing for me though...... get some head rests and fit a stronger roll bar.

Jon "FISH"

phil_far

posted on 1/5/10 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I iwll get you the detaisl for the head lamps later on.

Good point re- head rest and bar. My plan is to upgrade next winter. Even though the bar looks somewhat skinny it is made from 42mm cds tube (500psi) with 3.2mm wall thickness and forms an integral part of the chassis but could be improved with two additional stays.

Philip

Steve Hignett

posted on 1/5/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Stick a single rear stay and a front stay (petty bar ?) that will stiffen it up yet again...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.