Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel tank breather valve.
Coopz

posted on 7/5/10 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel tank breather valve.

I bought the following http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Fuel_System/Fuel_Tank_Vent_Valves/Mocal_Fuel_Tank_Pressure_Relief_Valve/1546/0/23336 to use on my injection r1 tank. Am I right in saying I just connect a length of fuel hose to the tank and secure the valve as high up as possible? Do I need to connect some hose to the other side of the valve?

Cheers

austin man

posted on 7/5/10 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
as long as its higher than the tank it will be okay

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

jack_t

posted on 7/5/10 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
needs to be higher than the filler cap ideally

nitram38

posted on 8/5/10 at 02:26 AM Reply With Quote
Should be higher than the highest fuel level point, which as said should be higher than your filler.

Coopz

posted on 8/5/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys I know where I can mount it so no need for a hose on the other side.
andrew_s

posted on 8/5/10 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for asking this question, as is exactly what i needed to know ! however I am thinking of going for this slightly chepaer one as it offers roll over proteciton, the main feature of the one you have chosen is it seems to only open when there is a specfic pressure variation, what do you think is best ? I just want to vent the tank in the safest way ? http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Fuel_System/Fuel_Tank_Vent_Valves/Mocal_In_Line_Fuel_Tank_Breather_Valve/1546/0/23340
BenB

posted on 8/5/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
That second breather valve only (as far as I am aware) lets air into the tank. With an EFi set-up you'll be pumping fuel back into the tank from the fuel rail so you need something which will let air in or out of the tank but not fuel. That's what I understand anyway...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.