Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Well the deal's been done then....
McLannahan

posted on 10/5/10 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well the deal's been done then....

Gutted....

Not that anyone was much better but makes me sick to think Brown gets his own way again, even if he is leaving....

McLannahan

posted on 10/5/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Or maybe not? That'll teach me to walk in halfway through the BBC newsflash...

Bet it goes his way still though...

DRC INDY 7

posted on 10/5/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Gutted why

anything that keeps the tories out is good in my book stuck up tossers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

McLannahan

posted on 10/5/10 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I wanted a change - Not really Tory and not really Lib Dems but didn't want Labour!

Sick of Brown and everything creeping up, squeezing me more and more every month.

It's a bonus he's going though - not soon enough!

theconrodkid

posted on 10/5/10 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
bye bye gormless,and dont slam the door on your way out.the mess he has made of this country the wall would prob fall down.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Jon Ison

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I really think some of you guys need to look beyond the TV news and trumped up press, Gordon as his faults for sure and I'm glad he as done what he as but for Christ sake take a look around the world, actually take a look closer to home, Greece for example with other European countries to follow. Its not a British problem its world wide, and be fair, we have stood up better than most ?

Remove the rose (blue) tinted glass's for once in your life's and look beyond the popular press. Lemmings springs to mind.

JoelP

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
+1 to mr ison. Things could be a hell of a lot worse now.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
During the time Labour has been in power This country has seen a massive improvment in education, The Health service has never been better ( yes still lots to improve ) and I have never been better placed finacially.

Yes I pay more Tax BUT I get get better security in life.

I still remember the last two Conservative governments.

Paul

turbodisplay

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
The thing is how can anyone like labour when they are introducing id cards via the back door. in less than 10 years we will have id cards under labour. Hardly left wing is it? what would the fines be if you don`t have it on you?
Gordon brown will still want to spend even though we have no money - granted that plan has not failed so far, but do you want to end up like Greece?

Plus even with lib dem seats they are still short of a majority by 11 seats, they still need two more parties to joint them. Hardly a fair govenment is it?

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
The truth is the rest of the western world is in the same boat,

Now with dave able to point the finger at brown & the press backing up is every word then British Joe public should have put dave in with a 300 majority, enough saw through this but where now left with this little mess.

Look at dave running to the Lib Dems now, and puppet billy to, not much principle in the men now eh ? There like oil and water.

See my post yesterday, Octoberish.

GMPMotorsport

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Bye Bye Gordon you will be missed (not)

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Until recently in Cornwall, we had several local councils, and a plan was proposed to combine them into a single county council so a postal vote was taken and 68% of the population voted against it

We now have a unitary council

More people voted for a Conservative Government than any other party

We are now going to have another Labour Government (probably)

Is there any point voting in this country?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Andi

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Help me out here a bit!

Global recession?
If everyones lost their money, then where did it go. In the bin?

Surely someone has it

nitram38

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well the last Tory government saw me without work, lose my house, bankrupt, 10 yrs rebuilding my life, 2 yr hospital waiting list, poor school buildings, no after school clubs, no nurserys, poor childcare.
Under Labour I've stayed in work, my childrens school has helped them become A students, hospital waiting lists average 8 weeks, gp surgery now open saturdays and late nights, walk in clinics, my local labour MP got a railway station built nearby, scrap cars removed from our streets.

I now dread cuts to all our services and unemployment under the Tories. My wifes job at a local school will be at risk.

The "I'm alright Jack mentality" will soon be back as they get themselves directorships and contracts for their own companies.

Sure if you earn £100k plus, vote for them.

bi22le

posted on 10/5/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Im aginst Tory, we have nothing in common. I just hope that if the country want change and they promote a fiar, happy and genuine Britain then everybody will feel they have control again. I will then live under there control.

I think that Gorden has had a little bit of a ruff ride. He produced one of the most profitable and exciting times ever seen by Britan. The banks got greedy (I know Gorden should of restricted it earlier) and now the world has slumped. He got given a disaster waiting to happen by Tony Blair.

Final thing to consider. Nobody gives him credit for the scrappage scheme. It worked really well and saved thousands of jobs. He has no personality because he is a thinker and a chancellor not a leader. He is the best person to get us out of this mess. Not some newbie!

My 2ps worth.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Dangle_kt

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I think the truth is, no matter who was in charge we would be in the same situation.
Paul TigerB6

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
During the time Labour has been in power This country has seen a massive improvment in education, The Health service has never been better ( yes still lots to improve ) and I have never been better placed finacially.

And done to a certain extent on borrowed money that the next government will have to try and pay back on top of the ballooning interest payments!!

linky

Before anyone says thats just a paper's view, i've seen the same story internally through my employer's - a Financial Institution with approx £25 billion under management.

No doubt Labour will be slating whoever is leading when they are forced into cutbacks within a few months

Hugh_

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
I wanted a change - Not really Tory and not really Lib Dems but didn't want Labour!

Sick of Brown and everything creeping up, squeezing me more and more every month.

It's a bonus he's going though - not soon enough!

It doesnt matter who gets in, whether its a Lib-Lab alliance, the tories, or a Tory-Lib Dem alliance; taxes will stay more-a-less where they are, and spending will be cut. There are going to be public sector job losses, paycuts and (if its either of the 2 latter combinations I posted above) a lot of social unrest.

clockwork

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
While I respect your opinion Jon, I cannot disagree with you more.
My personal opinion is that Gordon Brown plays the short game at the expense of the long.
Any-one can make your life better now by borrowing heavily and selling assets.
This is the reason (I believe) that we are in the mess we are in now.

I cannot see any reason for Gordon Brown sold off our Gold when he did,
or
why he taxes dividends to Pension funds (restricting their growth)
or
why he gives tax credits AFTER taking the tax (would it not have made economic sense not to take the tax in the first place, we had systems for this already?)
or
why he didn't notice the housing bubble when he had been warned by his advisors and other parties
or
why he implemented the Thatcherite deregulation of banks!

I'll stop now as I know I tend to go on.

While I appreciate he has invested heavily in Schools and Hospitals, I feel other parties would have done so too.

I suppose I really ought to say I am a Liberal Democrat, despite not agreeing with their pro-Europe stance. I also think healthy debate is a good thing, even if we agree to disagree.

Michael

[Edited on 10/5/10 by clockwork]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

norfolkluego

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Er....

Let's not forget the £5 billion a year the lovely Gordon has been taking out of pension schemes for the last 10-11 years that has collapsed almost every final salary pension scheme in the country (mine included).

Thanks Gordy, I never wanted to retire anyway

[Edited on 10/5/10 by norfolkluego]

graememk

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
could anyone tell me whats happened to my pension ? alot of money seems to of vanished from the fund.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Even the Telegraph admits that Gordan had been reducing the national debt until we were hit by the Global financial crisis. It’s then a question of how do you deal with it. By playing a long term game that hits us all a little over a long period OR a short term game that hits the less well off drastically and the top a little for a short time.

Personally I would be financially better off under the Tory plans But most would not.

Never noticed a housing bubble burst. Only a slow down in the market. Not the massive negative equity of the past.

Paul

Pensions - look back at the other parties records.

final salary - I have still got one but dont see how it can be kept going in the future, too many people living longer!

Ninehigh

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
It all went wrong, I'm still living here and not at no.10...

Must say my feelings for the general population were confirmed when I found out one Labour MP got voted back in then got stepped down cos he's in court for stealing off all those people who voted for him...

clockwork

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
UK debt did decrease for a time under labour... but not for very long.
See the institute for fiscal studies if you want to download some figures on the matter:
www.ifs.org.uk

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

Benzine

posted on 10/5/10 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I love the idea of ID cards, indefinate retension of DNA profiles, 42 days detention and a million dead Iraqis. I LOVE LABOUR! ^__^

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.