Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Switch layout and Immobliser
andrew_s

posted on 11/5/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Switch layout and Immobliser

Hi
I am currently building an MNR Vortx, is there a good way to lay the savage switches out on the centre tunnel, or is it whatever you are happy with - anything specific for iva ?

On the iva - do you have to have an immobiliser ? in the iva book it says it has to be installed with a certificate - does this mean you cannot do it yourself - this is something i am more than capable of doing, however happy to sub it out to a local alarm firm if it means passing the iva

Lastly – do your indicator switches have to have symbols on them, my savage switches are blank for the indicators, obviously i will get a visual indication on the dash

Thanks in advance for any replies

eznfrank

posted on 11/5/10 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Yes you have to have some form of immobilisation device, can be electronic or mechanical.

Where does it say immobiliser has to be installed with a certificate?? Just seems a bit of an odd question to ask "does it have to...." and then "it has to be....."??????

If you want symbols for your savage switches contact sales@apem.co.uk, they sent me some FOC

iank

posted on 11/5/10 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
It used to say it had to be installed by a professional, but it's been relaxed in the latest version of the manual I have (version 4).

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_4.pdf

If you look at the change record in Section 13A you can see
"Remove the requirement of documentary evidence for the immobiliser" dated 29/06/2009

On the layout of switches, so long as the pass projection tests, are reachable and if you are using the lights for tell-tales are visible while strapped in they should be fine.

[Edited on 11/5/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

andrew_s

posted on 11/5/10 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Great, thanks for the replies, I will install an immobiliser myself, and work out some sort of switch design, seems sensible that you should be able to reach them and see the tell tales !

I will download version 4 of that manual as well, clearly I was looking at an out of date version.

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.