Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: le mans
FASTdan

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
le mans

anyone going off here this year?

I'll be travelling down in the MK again or depending on the weather.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
vinny1275

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, me, swmbo, my brother and his wife, and 2 guys from work are heading down in a couple of tintops, camping at Karting Nord... We're all Le Mans virgins, can't wait!

russbost

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Well, for all Le Mans virgins I hope you've been reading about my exploits at last years Le Mans currently being serialised in Kitcar magazine - you might find a few useful pointers!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
vinny1275

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
not been getting any magazines for the past 6 months or so, swmbo was on sick pay for a couple of months, so things like that were the first to go.... joined beermountain tho, so I've got a bit of an idea what we're letting ourselves in for....

ChrisW

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, we'll all be down there. See this thread:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=133666

We're staying right next door at Houx. Drop me a u2u if you want to swap mobile numbers - you're welcome to pop in for a beer.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andylancaster3000

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Was meant to be until the gits put my last finals exam on the Thursday beforehand

Have fun though!

[Edited on 12/5/10 by andylancaster3000]

Nick Davison

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going with a bunch of mates and strangers organised by mates, about 28 in total. I'm going down in the VW rather than the kit sad to say.

I have a spare ticket at the mo if anyone is interested, it is as a passenger and includes:-

Ferry
Entry
Camping
All food

Cost is about £250 I think plus some help with fuel for my vehicle. We should have an on line hookup to track the racing and watch from the camp site which is on the wire side of the track apparently 15meters length in total.

This is advertised elsewhere but if you are interested U2U me.

Nick

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Programe on the BBC next week about the 1955 Le Mans disaster.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

StrikerChris

posted on 12/5/10 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
jealous of you all,my first year off since 2001.saying that 2007 i wasn't going until a phonecall 24hrs before departure when someone's inconsiderate girlfriend gave birth early.abit of groveling and a ghost shift later i was in his place.36 hrs awake before i keeled over on the ferry,i blame the lager tho not lack of sleep...

I'll miss the pirates!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 12/5/10 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like we need to organise an LB beer! Anyone up for it?

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.