Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Last open issue on SVA - Speedo
phil_far

posted on 21/5/10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Last open issue on SVA - Speedo

All,
My SVA tets is now over and the last item before the sign off is the speedo. I am running an 893 blade with the bike's clocks.

I need a sensor that can pick up from the prop shaft bolts and can can be adjusted. I do not want to use the original bike sensor.

Let me know the company from which I can purchase.

Philip

russbost

posted on 21/5/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
I can offer a discount on any Acewell units & I'm happy to ship to Malta.

If you just type Acewell into the ebay search, you'll come up with all the various units I stock, but can always do a better price for Locosters if we're dealing direct.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Flamez

posted on 21/5/10 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
use the bike speedo with a healtech converter and magnets. you can then adjust the speedo as required

my build mac1motorsports

minitici

posted on 21/5/10 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
SVA???????
LBMEFM

posted on 22/5/10 at 04:49 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Mk Indy Blade. I used the original blade clocks too. I measured the circumference of the prop shaft cut a piece of duct tape to the same length and equally spaced six magnets on the tape. Then while I got someone to rotate the prop I applied the tape. Cable ties were then used to secure around the edges of the tape. The sensor was an Astra speedo one from a scrap yard mounted on a bracket at the side of the front end of the prop. I cut a hole in the bracket and pushed the sensor through it and put a hose clip around the body of the sensor either side to allow it to slide in and out for adjustment. I then run this through a HealTec to the clocks, its been fitted for year now with no signs of trouble and is spot on when checked against my sat/nav.
phil_far

posted on 25/5/10 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
From where did you get the Healtech?

Just send U2U

Philip

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.