Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: want to start my Bonnet
darren(SA)

posted on 19/5/04 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
want to start my Bonnet

Hi guys,

Yes another bonnet question!

I've finished the rest of my body with 0.9mm ali, I couldn't tell you the grade used but in comparison to the original birkin build in SA and the way the book can do it, it is not as flexible/bendible. for example, around the back of the car i had to cut wedges on the edges just to bend it over.

my question is would i be able to use the 0.9mm for the bonnet or shall i go to 1.2mm. Either way I'm buying a new sheet.

I'm planning to join the scuttle and nose cone with a few flush pieces of wood to retain the shape when bending(hand or straps). I would be a bit concerned about bulging in the center?

Any quick tips?

cheers
darren

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
splitrivet

posted on 19/5/04 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
My bonnet builds ongoing Daren,borrowed a length of pipe today from Jonti (cheers mate) to form it over as the strap method just didnt work,I know Mark was up to bonnet stage and he was going to try straps dont know how he got on tho.
I'm using 18 gauge ally for mine as Jonti has, his is bang on the nice touch on his is the centre hinge which I'll probably copy cos no doubt I'll balls up the bending.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 19/5/04 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.