Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VAT
Jon Ison

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
VAT

ok, what do I do, increase prices by 2.5% in January and sell nothing or do as others will have to do and soak it up.

So much for helping the small business ?

The most unthought of increase announced today that will hit small business very hard, and you want me to vote Tory, dont think so.

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget though that all this grief now has been caused by the previous shower of sh%t running our economy into the deck.

Bluemoon

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed but we are going to pay some how.. Real worry is if VAT will ever come back down!

Dan

Jon Ison

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Don't forget though that all this grief now has been caused by the previous shower of sh%t running our economy into the deck.

Nothing at all to do with our overpaid city gents then ?

Are you going to buy from us when we are 2.5% more expensive than the next guy ?

nitram38

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Are you totally sure about that?

I think the banks have got a "get out of jail free" card.

Why is it they are still getting bonuses after the tax payer bailed them out?
Didn't hear a word about the banks paying anything back but I've heard plenty about the tax payer footing the bill.

I remember the "good old days" under tory rule.
Record unemployment, 15% interest on mortgages, schools falling apart, 30 year old books, record house repocessions.

How short a memory people have.

All I can say is goodbye to free nurseries, after school care, classroom assistants, things now taken for granted

Neville Jones

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Who was it that dismantled the engineering and manufacturing capabilities of this country? Said it was going to be a country of 'service industries'.

How do you balance trade and pay off national debt when you have nothing tangible, manufactured, to trade with?

I'm off to aus in a few weeks, thank goodness!!!

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 22/6/10 by Neville Jones]

turbodisplay

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Reducing VAT to 15% didn`t change my spending, so in theory raising to 20 won`t either ...........................
I think I would prefere to have 20% VAT than end up like greece though.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by someone up above

Didn't hear a word about the banks paying anything back

£2bn/year levy...?

[Edited on 22/6/10 by stevebubs]

Jon Ison

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
Reducing VAT to 15% didn`t change my spending, so in theory raising to 20 won`t either ...........................
I think I would prefere to have 20% VAT than end up like greece though.

Darren

You missed my point, you wont be paying any more VAT, it will have to be soaked by small business such as ours. It could easily put us out of business and onto the dole, then I'll be in your pocket after your tax.

BenB

posted on 22/6/10 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think the VAT increase is very unfair because it effect people across the board. And it's particularly annoying seeing as old Davy boy said there wasn't going to be an increase in VAT after the lib dems warned people about the Tory plan... Doh!

Although I have to say having everyone applying for disability living allowance do a medical is a very good idea. The current system just cracks down on the vulnerable (ie the people who actually need the DLA) whilst the lead-swingers find it all too easy to play the system....

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
no ones ever going to be happy with any budget, no matter who delivers it. the only think i've heard is VAT is up, and drink duty remains the same.

wouldn't have been like this if the last government weren't so crap. its always the same, labour run it into the ground, tory have to try and rebuild it increasing taxes.
labour wee everyone off by ruining it, tory wee everyone off by trying to fix it.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

nitram38

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
no ones ever going to be happy with any budget, no matter who delivers it. the only think i've heard is VAT is up, and drink duty remains the same.

wouldn't have been like this if the last government weren't so crap. its always the same, labour run it into the ground, tory have to try and rebuild it increasing taxes.
labour wee everyone off by ruining it, tory wee everyone off by trying to fix it.

I seem to remember the tories running it into the ground too!

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I said that it was the previous Government running the econmony into the deck. Then points of view were posting about the banks getting away without paying money back.

So which Government lent the money to the banks without any sort of concrete contract in place for repaying the money? And as with any financial loan why wasn't the cash acrueing interest whilst the loan was outstanding?

As a country we've got ourselves into a right hole and unfortunately there is no pain free way to get back out.

turbodisplay

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I will be paying more VAT, I buy components from companies that advertise ex VAT prices, yet will still sell at the same price.
So i will be affected.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I said that it was the previous Government running the econmony into the deck. Then points of view were posting about the banks getting away without paying money back.

So which Government lent the money to the banks without any sort of concrete contract in place for repaying the money? And as with any financial loan why wasn't the cash acrueing interest whilst the loan was outstanding?

As a country we've got ourselves into a right hole and unfortunately there is no pain free way to get back out.

Mmmmmm keeping people working would be a good start!
Putting loads of people on the dole is going to increase our burden not reduce it.
More people working means, money in the economy moving around and more tax paid into the system.

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Nitram I'm missing your point in the last post? I agree that the more people working then the more tax you generate etc.

But what has that got to do with lending billions to the banking industry without any sort of concrete contract stating when it will be repaid and what sort of interest will be charge for borrowing the money in the first place.

Labour lent that money out without any sort of contract in place that it will be repaid. If it was all repaid and with interest then maybe this thread would be talking about a rise of 1.25% not 2.5%

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Also if Government as a whole stopped p$ssing our money away then taxes wouldn't need to go up.

Example the welsh assembly last year spent £34,000 of our money on hiring plants and paying for them to be watered!!

Not exactly essential spending required to keep a country running is it.

nitram38

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Why a contract?
All they had to do is change the budget rules, just like the tories have.
I think that creating a recovery and paying back is better than trying to pay back before.
You can't pay what you don't earn.

Taken from sky news on the budget speech : The OBR says unemployment will peak this year at 8.1%, then fall each year to reach 6.1% in 2015

So this is acceptable?

I'll wait until you are one of the 8.1% and then we will see if you champion the tories then!

It took me nearly 15 years to rebuild my life after the last tory government and I fear I'll be a victim again.

[Edited on 22/6/2010 by nitram38]

turbodisplay

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Amazingly america lent monet out with the same cavalier attitude.
At the least it should have had a stipulation that money lending will continue as before.
Darren

loggyboy

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
It wont effect my buying decisions.

If i was planning on making 'big purchases' around that time then id make sure I bought them before the rise, but in the big scheme of things it shouldnt change peoples buying levels.
As it is, everyone earning is saving £200 a year with the increase of the tax free allowance.
I wouldnt complain if any business put its prices up inline with the VAT rise, at the end of the day, id rather pay a small amount more to keep the business that I use running.

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Nitram

It wouldn't suprise me if I didn't end up as one of the 8.1% unemployed but as I've already been made redundant 3 times during the last government it won't be a new experience. We're definately on different tracks with this whole thread though.

I don't disagree that it is better to keep as many people in jobs as possible. What I don't agree with is lending billions of pounds of our money to companies with no firm idea of when we'll get it back only to see them within less than a year turn large profits but make no effort to replay the outstanding loan.

Still last time I checked we're priviledged to live in a country where it's welcomed to hold differing views on all subjects so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

[Edited on 22/6/10 by jabbahutt]

MikeRJ

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Record unemployment, 15% interest on mortgages, schools falling apart, 30 year old books, record house repocessions.

Once again they were left to clean up after Labour had crippled the country. History appears doomed to repeat itself because of peoples short memories...

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

Once again they were left to clean up after Labour had crippled the country. History appears doomed to repeat itself because of peoples short memories...

lol +1!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

boggle

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
what happend with the tax credit system?

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jabbahutt

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
To answer you question I believe that anyone with a joint income in excess of 40k will lose tax credits.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.