Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sportscars racing video's
PAUL FISHER

posted on 25/6/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
MK Sportscars racing video's

Ive just loaded up a couple of Video's of last weekends racing at Oulton park,from Danny keenan's car,another good result for the MK's 2nd and 3rd in class again,Chris Maries just beating Danny over the finish line again.
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYTP5-gwMMU
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-abeGVRxY

And results and lap times here etc.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/barc/2010/102427.pdf

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

spiderman01980

posted on 25/6/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
whats going on near the right headlight? is there a bolt missing on the nosecone!
jacko

posted on 25/6/10 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman01980
whats going on near the right headlight? is there a bolt missing on the nosecone!

Looks like the nose is coming loose

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy D

posted on 26/6/10 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Cracking vids Paul! Looking at the results most of those cars are getting round Oulton a lump quicker than I can manage.
Do you know what tyres the front runners using? I know they're on slicks, but which ones? new or used? Seem to have a hell of a lot of grip whatever they are..

Croft next weekend then..

PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/6/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I am not sure what the front runners are using Andy,we will have to check them out at Croft next weekend,I know MK are running 2nd hand stuff at £80 to £100 a set,but I think they might have to invest in some new rubber, as you know there's a big difference between new and worn slicks, but at £600+ a set for the size they are running it then gets very expensive racing
Andy D

posted on 26/6/10 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
I am not sure what the front runners are using Andy,we will have to check them out at Croft next weekend,I know MK are running 2nd hand stuff at £80 to £100 a set,but I think they might have to invest in some new rubber, as you know there's a big difference between new and worn slicks, but at £600+ a set for the size they are running it then gets very expensive racing

Hmm, I'm using the same second hand slicks, I must be just dog slow!

Cant even begin to comprehend how fast that Astra that won is.. 1min 43 It looks like he started from the back of the grid too?
.....I s'pose it's not really an Astra is it..

[Edited on 26/6/10 by Andy D]

DRC INDY 7

posted on 26/6/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Its a bit unfair the astra thats in the race ex dtm car but he sponsors the event (aka Mr CNC Heads) so he gets a run out in his cars

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/6/10 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D

Hmm, I'm using the same second hand slicks, I must be just dog slow!

Cant even begin to comprehend how fast that Astra that won is.. 1min 43 It looks like he started from the back of the grid too?
.....I s'pose it's not really an Astra is it..

[Edited on 26/6/10 by Andy D]

I think the 260bhp + engines and sequential boxes in some of those front running Westys and Caterhams might have something to do with them being a bit quicker than your Pinto power Andy, they can just pull away from the Busa MK's down the straights at the longer circuits like Oulton international
And yes that astra's quick, I would like to have a few laps in that

What sort of time do you lap, in your Westy out of interest Andy ???

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Andy D

posted on 27/6/10 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

What sort of time do you lap, in your Westy out of interest Andy ???

Well I struggled to get down near the 2min mark the other weekend, obviously very few if any totally clear laps on a trackday... Pete got one clearish lap at 1-58. He can do 2-02s in his Civic.

It's funny, when you get home and look at video footage, it's immediately obvious where time is being lost... but it doesn't seem so obvious when you're behind the wheel.

Edited to add.. Why are all your "edits" dated 19th May 04 Paul? has your PC's clock stopped?

[Edited on 27/6/10 by Andy D]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 27/6/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I think most people on here would be please with around 2 minute lap Oulton,I would,if your doing 2 minute laps on most trackdays,you would be in the top 10% of quickest cars on the day
Breaker

posted on 29/6/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, do you work at MK ?
JonnyS

posted on 29/6/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D

It's funny, when you get home and look at video footage, it's immediately obvious where time is being lost... but it doesn't seem so obvious when you're behind the wheel.

[Edited on 27/6/10 by Andy D]

Glad to see someone else has that problem too

procomp

posted on 1/7/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

There's no sequential boxes or 260hp in any of them Westfields. Well not when i last had them in the workshop anyhow. They all run on SH slicks from the usual suppliers.

The championship is looking a little more fun now there's a few more of the ex 750 guys racing. Would be good to see if more of the RGB and ex kits could be tempted out to play. With oulton as it regular circuit and Cadwell as another regular it has some good circuits to run on. Wonder how many of the southerners could be tempted out for some fun.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy D

posted on 2/7/10 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

There's no sequential boxes or 260hp in any of them Westfields. Well not when i last had them in the workshop anyhow. They all run on SH slicks from the usual suppliers.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Cam Forbes has an Elite sequential box fitted and probably a big lump of the aforementioned 260bhp driving it.. shall ask him tomorrow Matt.

procomp

posted on 3/7/10 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy.

Blimey has Cam caught upgraditus. !! He never mentioned it when we last spoke.
Just supplying new dampers and setup this morning for another Westy that's being built to a similar spec to Steve owen and Brian's dean's cars. That'll make 4 Westfields on the grid and again it's Ex 750 kitcar guys in this new Westfield.
There appears to be no hope for the 750 Kits so championships like this and the Mag sevens are sure to pick up numbers from them.

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 14/7/10 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Picking up an old thread here but Robert Spencer aint 'alf quick in what is, on paper, a very odd car.

Talking to him at Mag7s, it weighs not far off 500kgs before you add a driver and has a wide track ST rear and a Caterham narrow front. He obviously makes it work though.

gordon h

posted on 15/7/10 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
anyone whos after slicks i sell them, from £100 -150 set used but very good dunlop sp 580x200x15 u2u me.

bec is best but going to try sabb 2.3 turbo mk

progers

posted on 15/7/10 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Picking up an old thread here but Robert Spencer aint 'alf quick in what is, on paper, a very odd car.

Talking to him at Mag7s, it weighs not far off 500kgs before you add a driver and has a wide track ST rear and a Caterham narrow front. He obviously makes it work though.

Rob did a couple of races with us last year. A nice chap, certainly goes very well in what is a modified ST locost. He qualified around 6th at Cadwell and his best finish was 4th at Anglesey. His times were on par with the fastest Class C guys (he was running a ZX12). Just goes to show how competitive RGB is - it really is the place to test your metal against other bike engined cars on a level playing field.

At the time I asked him about Mag7's and he wasn't too complimentary about the gentlemen Caterham racers...

Cheers

Paul

TimC

posted on 15/7/10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
Rob did a couple of races with us last year. A nice chap, certainly goes very well in what is a modified ST locost. He qualified around 6th at Cadwell and his best finish was 4th at Anglesey. His times were on par with the fastest Class C guys (he was running a ZX12). Just goes to show how competitive RGB is - it really is the place to test your metal against other bike engined cars on a level playing field.

At the time I asked him about Mag7's and he wasn't too complimentary about the gentlemen Caterham racers...

Cheers

Paul

I didn't realise that he did Anglesey.. and I was there!

He was close to Andy Charsley's 'A' record at the CSCC meeting at Oulton (on A048s.) Its about time that record was beaten actually. No doubt it will rain in October...

Incidentally Derek seems to have been credited with a Class A record last weekend at Cadwell?

snooopy

posted on 15/7/10 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
to be honest, i think the RGB doesnt have the characterr of the nw sports and saloons also weight and aerodynamics seem to play a massive part in the RGB
progers

posted on 15/7/10 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snooopy
to be honest, i think the RGB doesnt have the characterr of the nw sports and saloons also weight and aerodynamics seem to play a massive part in the RGB

Depends what you mean by character! If racing against ex DTM Astra's and other tricked up sports saloons is your thing then who am I to argue...I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable mixing on track with cars twice the weight of a typical BEC.

Aerodynamics and weight?? Last years champion ran a fireblade engined striker, and it looks like the champ elect this year will be an STM Phoenix. Certainly, often the race winning cars are mid engined closed body cars (like mine and the Spire GTR) but its not really what I would call a slicks and wings formula. They aren't allowed. Its not hard to get a car down to the min weight for the classes (530kg front engined, 560kg mid engined).

Last weekend, the car that came second in both races was a Honda CBR1000 powered Fisher Fury, third was an R1 STM Phoenix driven by Duncan Marshall - a guy who used to run in NW sports but now loves his time racing in RGB Both were doing 1.35 laps - impressive.

- Paul

progers

posted on 15/7/10 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC[/i

Incidentally Derek seems to have been credited with a Class A record last weekend at Cadwell?

Yep I noticed that. I have let 750MC know the error of their ways :-)

- Paul

snooopy

posted on 15/7/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
the nw was more entertaining to watch.. just one's opinion i guess.

[Edited on 15/7/10 by snooopy]

Davg

posted on 15/7/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Return of the Snooopy ! if so welcome back!

progers

posted on 15/7/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Fair comment, there are lots of different cars running in that series so from a spectators point of view it has interest.

- Paul

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.